We Need a Good Futures Forum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bullz n Bearz, Jul 11, 2007.

1. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

mypiots asked for my credit card number and I emailed it to them. Do you think something will happen? Should I not have done that?

#11     Jul 27, 2007
  2. Surdo

Surdo

CajunSpam on a Ritz goes well with a little Cabernet.

surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdo

#12     Jul 27, 2007
  3. Tandori Chick,

I had a similar experience with them. I got an email from Guy telling me he had to "confirm" some information (real name, address and phone number) in order to allow me to continue to post.

I replied that there was no way for him to confirm this stuff because I never provided it when I registered as it was not required. How can you confirm something you have no knowledge of? He said it was part of his new procedures and I had to comply. I wrote back and said he was phishing but never heard from him again.

Either he's up to no good or bored to play this game with his members. I suspect he sells that information to advertisers who will then spam and/or send you snail junk mail. Obviously, he's not making money trading if he is resorting to this type of chicanery. Pretty lame whatever the motives are.

#13     Jul 27, 2007
  4. I thought you solved all of your trading problems? :confused:

You really need to give it a rest.

JJ

#14     Jul 27, 2007
  5. Okay, let's see the email. Otherwise you and the other just signed
    up one time poster are lying.

Or maybe he is just tired of Zoo members signing up to spam his site.
    (He has had a lot coming from the same IP address, the Zoo)...

As you know, countless "new" members have been coming from the Zoo
    to spam his site. Over and over again...

And now it seems these same posters are coming here to bash
    Guy's site. How pathetic...

#15     Jul 28, 2007
  6. guy2

guy2

That's an outright lie. www.mypivots.com only uses PayPal and Google Checkout so they never have to ask for a customer's credit card.

#16     Jul 28, 2007
  7. guy2

guy2

Sonali Agarwal / Tandori Chick: Elite Trader is an excellent forum with talented and helpful traders. You will do very well here with the comments and questions that you had. Good luck with your trading!

#17     Jul 28, 2007
  8. Well, Guy Ellis has just vindicated me by posting here and proves I'm not lying, version77. Notice he denied asking for credit card numbers, but not other personal information that he has no need for nor right to. So the question remains, what is Guy Ellis up to by asking for phone numbers and other private data?

Even if there was something of value by participating in mypivots forum, you'd have to be crazy to bother given the total lack of an enforced privacy policy and any semblance of integrity by the owner. It's downright scary what he's doing.

#18     Jul 28, 2007
  9. guy2

guy2

The reason that I asked him (Tandori Chick) for his phone number is because I knew that he'd never give it because he is a spammer under several aliases on the www.mypivots.com forum and several aliases on this forum.

As you can see, he found the Guy bashing thread here very quickly and instead of posting his original question on Elite (a perfect forum to ask such questions) he decided to bash instead. The reason he came here is because he has already posted here several times under different aliases.

He is not interested in contributing to a trading forum or he would be asking questions related to trading. He is angry because he has been locked out of the www.mypivots.com/forum several times for spamming.

#19     Jul 28, 2007
  10. guy2

guy2

You are lying. You are not Sonali Agarwal from Gaithersburg, MD.

#20     Jul 28, 2007