We Knew It Was Only A Matter of Time...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jan 27, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Lucrum, relax little brother. Please don't pull out your AR-15.:)

You asked me for my definition of a redneck. The one you cite is quite outdated, imo. You're just gonna have to trust me on this brother. I know what a redneck is. If you knew my whole background this would be laughable to you.

I'm not scared of the AR-15. I'm quite familiar with them.

The issue is whether there should be much greater gun control in the USA.

Now, should you and I be allowed to have the shoulder fired missle launcher? (Very cool and very protective.) I want to see what level of arms control that you believe is appropriate. You've already ruled out nukes; however, you think that the possession of 300 AR-15s is okay.

#41     Jan 27, 2011
  2. Some are, most aren't.

Just like Christians...some are mentally ill, most aren't.

If you want to go so far as to say that anyone who kills others is mentally ill...I can go for that, simply because I believe the Golden Rule is the acid test of whether or not a person is ultimately reasonable.

It is one thing for people to think something, another to say something, and quite another for actually taking action that kills other human beings.

#42     Jan 27, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Optional...

If the man was mentally ill, should we then provide treatment for him then let him rejoin his fellow soldiers at Fort Hood? Or what?

#43     Jan 27, 2011
  4. If doctors say he has suddenly become mentally well...sure.

Will doctors say that?

Unlikely.

My overall point is that his religion is not the cause of his actions, his mind is the cause of his actions.

Not wanting to exercise reasonable gun control is mental illness, IMO.

#44     Jan 27, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Think of the problem not as gun control, but destruction control. But it's still not an easy problem, power always gets the most destruction-ability.

#45     Jan 27, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

LOL...You bees a funny dude. Come on Optional; you can troll way better than this.

#46     Jan 27, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I'm relaxed, in fact I'm enjoying a weight watchers snickers ice cream bar. Don't worry, I don't own an AR-15, I have an M1-A [​IMG]
    No offense but I don't trust you on this. Although many rednecks ARE closed minded. Not everyone who is closed minded is a redneck.
    I think not and offered some reason why I think so. So far all I've heard from you is a brief version of the leftist dogma on the topic.

"Protective" against what?

#47     Jan 27, 2011
  8. Can you remain logical, to discuss this, or not?

#48     Jan 27, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

The more important and relevant question is, CAN YOU?

:D

#49     Jan 27, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

:confused:

Are you smoking dope?

#50     Jan 27, 2011