We Knew It Was Only A Matter of Time...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, not based on MY idea of a redneck anyway.

What's your definition of a redneck?

#31     Jan 27, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

A very narrow minded person. Sometimes very uneducated; sometimes quite educated, but always afraid to admit that he is wrong. Rednecks, however, can change; it just takes longer or involvement in a personal tragedy before they can be convinced that they had it wrong.

BTW...I've played the role of redneck at times in my life. But, in many other areas I'm quite adaptive and willing to see the other side of an issue. Oh well...we're all a work in progress.

Are there any weapons US citizens should be prohibited from having? I think shoulder fired missile launchers are cool and very protective.

If a person wants 300 AR-15s, should he be allowed to have them?

#32     Jan 27, 2011
  3. "You might not feel the need for an AK with a 30 round mag, but if you were a rancher in the southwest with hundreds of illegals trespassing on your land every night, you might feel differently."

So why do you need to be able to buy a weapon of mass destruction?

There can be exemptions to those who truly need such a weapon (which if in the hands of the British in 1776 would have easily won them the war) but not everyone needs to own one.

#33     Jan 27, 2011
  4. In America, we kill people to demonstrate that killing people is bad. Americans have some illogical thinking there, and not wanting to control the use of WMD is equally illogical.

"For example, the Ft. Hood shooter was a muslim fanatic."

He was Muslim yes. It has not been proved that he was a Muslim fanatic.

He was mentally ill, and pissed off that he could not get a discharge.

His mental illness was to blame, not his religion. Another reason to control the use of weapons of mass destruction.

I'm in favor of controlling immigration, and preventing people with communicable diseases from infecting Americans by coughing. Sorry, but you can't even catch HIV if your doctor is infected, and he puts his hands on your privates and tells you to cough.

#34     Jan 27, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Let me help you out. "Originally used in reference to poor, white farmers, Redneck is historically a derogatory slang term to refer to working class Southerners in the United States.[1] It is similar in meaning to "cracker" (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), "hillbilly" (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks)[2] and "white trash".[3][4] The most common American usage, referring to the poor rural white Southerner, is probably derived from individuals having a red neck caused by working outdoors in the sun. A citation from 1893 provides a definition as "poorer inhabitants of the rural districts...men who work in the field, as a matter of course, generally have their skin burned red by the sun, and especially is this true of the back of their necks"

Now that we've established you don't know what a redneck is, how do you know YOU are the one not being closed minded on this issue? I mean you failed to offer an argument against any point I made. Laziness, or do you not have an argument?

Nukes, I don't think your average Joe should have nuclear weapons.

I can't think of any reason why not.
    Are you afraid of the AR-15 specifically or is it just a convenient example? I ask because the AR-15 is a semi auto 5.56MM rifle no more "deadly" than the one pictured below.

[​IMG]

#35     Jan 27, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Say whaaaaaaaa?:eek:

And how many people did he shoot?

And what was he yelling as he shot them?

#36     Jan 27, 2011
  7. I've witnessed atheists say "Jesus Christ" and "Oh God" etc.

So your point is?

#37     Jan 27, 2011
  8. Of course you are right he was just a normal well adjusted muslim following his religious tenets.

Thanks for clearing that up.

#38     Jan 27, 2011
  9. I said he was mentally ill.

We have seen mentally ill Christians, Muslims, and atheists go off and kill people...at schools, at malls, and lots of places.

All of these mentally ill people had easy access to WMD and ammo.

#39     Jan 27, 2011
  10. So you are saying muslims are mentally ill?

I think a very good argument can be made for that, thanks for the observation.

#40     Jan 27, 2011