We Just Saw The Worst Dow and SP500 Weekly Performance in History

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

We will tell our stories about this week when we get old. I took printscreens of this.

2. hughb

hughb

I've been writing my observations in my diary, taking newspaper clippings, printing out news stories. I hope everyone else is doing the same. We are witnessing history in the making.

I really regret not keeping a diary during the big tech boom of the 90's, I won't let that happen again.

3. At least until next week.

(hopefully not. enough excitement this week, thanks)

4. Cheese

Cheese

Noting that the DOW went below 7900 today (Oct 10 08), is there any point in anyone calling a bottom any more? That was a great value level for medium term or long term investment buying. And it was a great day for professional players daytrading, without a doubt.

So there is only one obvious conclusion. It has been one of the best weeks ever. With that exceptional volatility (eg YM,CL,etc) the intraday gyrations were a gigantic source of points to feast on daily, open to close non-stop. Players were offered fortunes by this weeks markets.

But your score of course is purely down to you.
    :)

5. You will know the US has really changed when some government employee from the new SEC calls you and orders/asks you to buy stock.....

6. Paulson just called and said buy stocks, told me a check for $1mln is in the mail.