We Have Topped

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GrandSupercycle, Jan 24, 2012.

1. kivd

kivd

How do you guys interpret the spike in index put call ratio today?
    Smart money getting ready for a crash?
    Or Dumb money going short?(which would leave room for more rally)

#21     Jan 24, 2012
  2. #22     Jan 24, 2012
  3. Beau "Bear", don't give this guy a hard time! You just bought into SQQQ again! AAPL has just cost you a bundle in after hours trading.

Where did that high of 2396 go? We're rapidly approaching 2500 now. What about that collapsing Euro?

I guess I was wrong on the DOW 13,000 by the end of 2011. Missed by a month or two.

#23     Jan 24, 2012
  4. bone

bone

No, dillweed. 1370 is your target. Market timing is such a fool's errand. Of course, as you have demonstrated, you reserve the right to change your mind twice per day using broad, macro declarations. You are not correct. The market is correct.

[​IMG]

#24     Jan 24, 2012
  5. BeauWo,

Didn't you go short right around the beginning of the New Year? I mean for all the talk of 9000 percent returns, I've seen nothing but mediocrity from your publicly tracked system.

Just saying...

#25     Jan 24, 2012
  6. Probably 2, given the indices are up ah right now.
    Sideways, IMO, is the most likely direction overall for the next little while (like, the next few weeks?) (and probably after Jan 31, since some EOM window dressing is more or less baked in the cake by now). No one is expecting that. If it happens, the Options forum will once again be full of guys talking about their iron condors, at which time of course we'll again fly off in one direction or another.

#26     Jan 24, 2012
  7. kivd

kivd

A triangle pattern would be really great right now, like the one after the first greek haircut.

#27     Jan 24, 2012
  8. What??? A little "pot" and "kettl(ing)" on ET surprises you? :D :D :D

#28     Jan 24, 2012
  9. Gold / Silver / SP500 daily charts continue to break down and further downside expected.

#29     Jan 25, 2012
  10. Bone,
    Thanks for actually contributing some analysis with your SP500 target of 1370
    But why post that emini chart ?
    It tells ET readers absolutely nothing.

#30     Jan 25, 2012