We have topped...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Then have a good laugh, on me. However, I will be right in the weeks to come. What seemed comical will be sage advice in the future.

The only person I laugh at is you for missing the opportunities of the last year which I have banked on with my top and bottom calls. The calls were never truly right at the exact time and I was underwater in positions for a while, but ultimately they became profitable.

I think I have learned from your mistakes as well as my own and ditched "daytrading" a while back. Now I just use my simple model to predict the top and bottom going long or short as the case might be and make money over longer term swings. However, you will never make one dime from elitetrader or this thread because of your closed mind. If you would listen to others and learn how to trade on their sage advice then you wouldnt be in the situation you are now with your house and family.

Change your attitude and maybe the way you trade may change as well.

#31     Nov 10, 2010
  2. Once again, I have proven my worth on this site by CORRECTLY predicting the top of the market. A few weeks ago I stated clearly to "go to cash". Although I was early with my call, all those who followed me into cash are now enjoying the safety as the market MOVES LOWER.

Dont worry. I will be back to CORRECTLY predict the bottom of the market. I will admit that my timing has never been perfect with some calls a few weeks from fruition, but they have proven to be correct in time.

#32     Nov 12, 2010

3. Your call has been a dismal failure.

#33     Nov 12, 2010
  4. So it is time to buy?

#34     Nov 12, 2010
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

Why don't you make specific trade calls--stops, targets, adjustments, etc.?

Calling a top or bottom "within a few weeks" could lose your shirt or be quite profitable. The devil is in the details.

#35     Nov 12, 2010
  6. You are a human fade. Without question, you've proven to be just about the most ignorant, stuck in the mud, asshat that this site has ever produced.

I hope for your sake that you are under the age of 30, so that I can write it off as youthful naivete, otherwise you've been brainwashed into submission.

#36     Nov 12, 2010
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

It certainly takes one to know one....

#37     Nov 12, 2010
  8. I used to take the comments on here personally and then I dismissed the banter by thinking to myself this forum does not contain "real traders". However, I am wrong, this forum does contain real traders and persons that throw their own money at the market. The sentiment of "real traders" is important because they are most always wrong with their emotions and feelings. I suspect that ET is full of traders...traders who are always wrong. Eventually, they leave ET when they can no longer stand the market due to outsized losses.

Let me present this week's sentiment indicators. I have nothing to do with the site in this link. I post this outside link because there is no other site that presents the sentiment this well. All of the sentiment indicators suggest a bullish attitude in the market not seen since 2007 especially with individual investors and some 188 funds registered with the NAAIM:

http://www.tradersnarrative.com/sentiment-overview-week-of-november-12th-2010-5009.html

Now lets look at the percent of stocks on the S&P over their 50 day moving average. As you can see from this link, we topped out at exactly 93% which has been a major topping point over the last year or so. This index has now curved over and visually suggests the next stop is somewhere under 40:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SPXA50R&p=D&b=1&g=0&id=p65805545637

Lets keep it simple. Sentiment is at a high and needs to burn off to much lower values...the percent of stocks traveling over their 50 day needs to burn off as well...

#38     Nov 14, 2010
  9. I dont claim to have all the answers...i.e. targets, stops, specific calls...but I do have some of the pieces to the puzzle or I like to think I do. If you want to build upon, modify or reject my puzzle pieces in part or whole then be my guest.

Im certain there are some here that did not know about $SPXA50R (percentage of stocks moving above their 50 day MA) on www.stockcharts.com or the sentiment indicators from TradersNarrative. Im glad to have provided it here and hope someone can expand upon them.

I would rather have someone provide what they have rather then to hold back because they dont have a specific trade call.

#39     Nov 14, 2010
  10. One thing I noticed going back to the recessions of 2001 and 2008 is there are some sectors that will continue to go up even though the recession is fully underway. One sector I found during both the 2001/2008 recession was energy (xle). In fact, from the start of the 2008 to mid-2008 the XLE went up about 28% and I remember the DIG roughly doubled in price. However, during both recessions, eventually the xle did follow the rest of the market down.

One of the commodities that held up last week was lumber while sugar, gold, silver, etc. took good healthy dumps. The downtrend in sugar looks like it might continue. Those are liquidity drops caused by deleveraging. Lumber held up because no one is invested in that market with leverage.

#40     Nov 14, 2010