We have the right to be stupid

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Now you're just being obtuse. It's beneath you.

#21     Feb 26, 2013
  2. Ricter

Ricter

There you go again.

I buy a Treasury. Now the government owes me money. Where will the government get that money? From me.

#22     Feb 26, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's robbing Peter to pay Paul, moron.

#23     Feb 26, 2013
  4. Hey, if you actually believe this shell game is sustainable, then you voted for the right guy. Sooner or later reality gonna' come calling, and reality is going be be kinda' like the tiger eating the antelope. The chase may have been long and quite the spectacle. The final kill will be short and to the point.

#24     Feb 26, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

This "shell game" has been going since 1835.

#25     Feb 26, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

So? That doesn't mean it can't or won't end, badly; numb nuts.

#26     Feb 26, 2013
  7. Gee whiz guy. You use the word "American people" as if it means everybody. Obama didn't win by all that much. So he got 51% of the vote is hardly a landslide or as Obama calls it a "mandate" of what the "American People" want.

#27     Feb 26, 2013
  8. Your quote of Christensen doesn't support your conclusion "they're letting criminals loose". I don't know why the scare tactics and BS of Obama's administration bother you guys, the republicans are the master of scare tactics and BS politics. I think one of the main reasons Obama is doing this is he and the democrats have seen how successful the republicans were doing the exact same thing.
    Both sides are the same.

#28     Feb 26, 2013
  9. Ricter

Ricter

That's fair. It's a phrase everyone uses. But if your team had won, they'd be using it today as well. :D

#29     Feb 26, 2013
  10. pspr

pspr

But the shell didn't weigh as much as the entire economy until recently.

In a zero interest rate invironment one might tell himself that a ponzie scheme of borrowings might just last for ever. But, even then the day of reconning will eventually approach. And in a higher interest rate invironment the scheme will blow up quickly.

When it does, we will probably put every politician, present and past, who voted to continue the scheme in prison or before a firing squad.

#30     Feb 26, 2013