We can't feed all these people...that would only create dependency...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Asimov and Hawking....small minded. Do you see the disconnect ?

Regarding his imagination, did you know that Asimov is one the most prolific sci-writers in history?

#41     Nov 27, 2012
  2. Forgiven for what? Being what God made me to be? There are no rewards or punishments brother Jem, other than in the here and now. There is only passing through from one place to the other. It's a big universe and we have much to travel.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

#42     Nov 27, 2012
  3. jem

jem

have you heard of the idea of juxtaposition and use of words for effect.

note.. in case you think I am joking about know who asimov is... Free thinker uses this passage once a quarter and I have told him the past I love sci fi.

#43     Nov 27, 2012
  4. amen.

#44     Nov 27, 2012
  5. Religous white guys deserve to be heard, as do you. Just not every god damn day.:D

#45     Nov 27, 2012
  6. they can be heard in their churches. but if they come out to a public forum they will be challenged.

Matthew 6:6

King James Version (KJV)

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

#46     Nov 27, 2012
  7. jem

jem

self loathing is probably what happens when you do not seek forgiveness or when you seek it but do not truly repent.

If you truly repent you are unlikely to be self loathing. You will know peace.

#47     Nov 27, 2012
  8. It's you that starts these threads every single day. Why the obsession? Everyone know's your position. What's to gain by hammering at it day and night? I haven't seen anyone trying to convert you, and I doubt you're converting anyone yourself, so what's the point of all this back and forth?

#48     Nov 27, 2012
  9. jem

jem

how do you know?
    science is starting to see there is a strong chance we have a Creator.
    at some point if the Creator is a cool being... would he just snuff us all out?

Would you do that to your pet if you had a choice?

#49     Nov 27, 2012
  10. yep more si fi:

"I have told him the past I love sci fi."

#50     Nov 27, 2012