We can be better as a species if we recognize religion as a man-made construct.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by walter4, Jul 22, 2011.

1. of course it is. science is simply a method of applying reason.

#11     Jul 22, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Doesn't science also basically define what's "reasonable", or is that the purview of the philosophers?

#12     Jul 22, 2011
  3. I believe in evolution. I believe in God. I don't believe in man made global warming.

Pattern?

#13     Jul 22, 2011
  4. Here is a graphical description of changes in temperature in Greenland from AD 500 – 1990 based on analysis of the deep ice core from Greenland.

Explain mans role in the temp changes occurring on this chart, both up and down.

[​IMG]

#14     Jul 22, 2011
  5. By and large, creationists dismiss climate change. You want more pattern? By and large, they are firmly situated on the political Right.

As for your Internet findings denying climate change, :p

Neither of us has the legitimate scientific grounding by which to properly evaluate the evidence, so put your sophistry away. On the other hand, the vast majority of independent scientists in this field have concluded the matter is no longer one of debate. Please don't engage in your usual false equivalency exercises where you present a handful of lobbyist sock puppet "scientists" to dismiss the overwhelming evidence and general agreement of its existence. There is science, and then there is the industry of denial. (See Big Tobacco for historical reference.)

#15     Jul 22, 2011
  6. LOL! Another pattern- You're the 3rd ET global warming believer who has run away from this simple question.

Here are 141 more sock puppet scientists for you, whom I'm sure are all a part of the vast right wing conspiracy to destroy the planet.

http://wwatsonweb.co.nz/globa lwarming scientist refute list.htm

Now carry on with how it's your GW 'belief' that is correct, just like with religion and all those who claim otherwise are the devil.

#16     Jul 22, 2011
  7. That is an interesting graphic. Source?

#17     Jul 22, 2011
  8. wwatsonweb? The pro-smoking people?

http://wwatsonweb.co.nz/antismoke.htm

The denial industry continues. 'Nuff said.

#18     Jul 22, 2011