We better get our Act together Fast

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 1flyfisher, Apr 8, 2009.

1. I have to agree. The signs appeared in the late 1970's and some of the oldtimers warned of it back then.

#11     Apr 10, 2009
  2. Or as the saying goes: "Dieing broke isn't misfortune . . . it's good timing."

#12     Apr 10, 2009
  3. Nail on the head...

#13     Apr 10, 2009
  4. gnome

gnome

It would be one thing if the Gummint were spending OUR money... but they're "charging it" to future generations... our kids and grandkids. You OK with that? I'm not!

#14     Apr 10, 2009
  5. piezoe

piezoe

The US is a nation of crises. Usually little of substance is done to correct an obvious problem until it becomes a necessity. I see us only in the past year becoming collectively aware that we have a serious problem on our hands. I see signs that the present administration is attempting to make the changes that will put the nation back on the right course. Whether they can succeed will depend on how strong their resolve is and how clever they are versus their special interest opponents, who will benefit financially from keeping things as they are.

Many are second guessing the Fed and Treasury, and that's only natural, e.g., I'd rather not see Summers involved because i believe he was partly responsible for the mess we are in -- nevertheless who better to know how to handle thieves than a thief.

The team Obama has assembled is highly expert and experienced. Let's give them at least a couple years before we start throwing tomatoes.

It's entirely too soon to judge the current administration. We will have to wait and see. So far, it seems to me, they are dealing rather well with the cards they were dealt. A bad hand, to be sure!

#15     Apr 10, 2009

6. I just can’t trust him anymore, and it’s been three months. Most of his promises have been broken. Withdrawing the troops from Iraq. Not having any former lobbyist in his administration. Having complete transparency.

Someone tell me about some promises he has kept.

#16     Apr 10, 2009
  7. Really nice cartoon!

Question is, who had the incentive to do that cartoon? Adding Stalin in there is a little bit too smart of the average plebe.

#18     Apr 10, 2009
  8. I am disgusted with the nepotistic, greedy, criminal gang propping up Obama, obviously, but Dubya was the biggest asshole to ever occupy the White House and you can kiss my lily white ass if you don't like hearing that fact.

#19     Apr 10, 2009
  9. piezoe

piezoe

I understand, but i'm also thinking it's been only a few months and we aught to allow more time for judgement. I'm not sure most of his promises have been broken. It seems he is actually working on those promises more than any other politician of recent memory. It's just too soon to judge the outcome. Way to soon to know what promises he can keep and which he won't.

#20     Apr 10, 2009