We are the worst Covid affected country in the world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UsualName, Apr 3, 2020.

1. UsualName

UsualName

I stand behind what I said, there is no rewinding the trajectory back. We are roughly 10 days behind Italy with a worse slope.

We are projected to have 100,000 deaths. How many is that per million?

#21     Apr 3, 2020
  2. UsualName

UsualName

Your ignorance is astounding. A few days ago you told the forum there would be between 3000 and 5000 deaths in the US max.

#22     Apr 3, 2020
  3. 167% of the death rate from the 2017-18 flu season.

#23     Apr 3, 2020
    LacesOut likes this.
  4. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

We are below projections. NY was projected to have 61k hospitalizations by today. Current number is around 14k. 11k ICU beds, currently 3k ICU beds.

#24     Apr 3, 2020
    LacesOut and Amun Ra like this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

#25     Apr 3, 2020
  6. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

So you think all covid deaths are because of covid and not with covid?

#26     Apr 3, 2020
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

we've known the comorbidity-mortality relationship has been high since China. I don't make the guidelines & neither do you...you're just spouting assumptions. My take? if hospitalized for COVID & dies, then it's COVID. Doesn't matter if the heart gave out, if the intubation went wrong, if he/she caught pneumonia, or their fever spiked. No one's ever died from HIV so what's your point?

#27     Apr 3, 2020
  8. UsualName

UsualName

We’re ahead of the model in terms of mortality though. The projected numbers just increased by 10k yesterday.

If anyone is interested in the University of Washington’s projections (this is the one Fed’s use) it’s here. You can break it down by state, etc. it’s really useful.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

#28     Apr 3, 2020
  9. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

You don't think there's anything wrong with labeling an 80 year old cancer patient as a covid death? What about if this patient was assumed to have covid and was never actually tested?

#29     Apr 3, 2020
  10. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

We're ahead? It's one specific, highly liberal area of the country that is responsible for the majority of the CV deaths. Every other area in the US is doing a great job. Especially the republican counties.

#30     Apr 3, 2020