WE are the 95%!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by pcp198, Oct 11, 2011.

1. emg

emg

That is HFT position. This is the HFT era. They do not call themselves engineer but Quantitative Traders.

There is barrier to entry to become a successful trader, but there is no barrier to entry to become a loser. The gov will make sure everybody can open a retail accounts easy, for instance, $1000 to open a futures account.

#41     Oct 13, 2011
  2. euclid

euclid

So you don't know.

Barrier to entry was the ability to count a six-deck shoe. No education required. Just like trading.

#42     Oct 13, 2011
  3. Visaria

Visaria

Sooooo...what and where did YOU study, emg?

#43     Oct 13, 2011
  4. You're the worst.

#44     Oct 13, 2011
  5. emg

emg

those job posts i posted salary more than $200K annual plus bonuses.

As for the MIT Blackjack Team:

http://themitblackjackteam.com/

read their site. They made a million. How they made a million, they are MIT. There is a barrier to entry to enroll MIT.

Good Luck on your trading

#45     Oct 13, 2011
  6. volente_00

volente_00

Even the smartest FAIL big emg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-Term_Capital_Management

#46     Oct 13, 2011
  7. emg

emg

#47     Oct 13, 2011
  8. pcp198

pcp198

so everyone here is profitable except me.. wonderful (when your pushing that 50 lot in ES could you throw in an extra 3 cars for me, I'll send a singing christmas card)

Reality: up until mid - 90's it was possible to trade profitably. The market wasn't as airtight as it is today, level 2 was somewhat useful and spread trading opportunities were accessible to retail traders.
    Fast foward to 2011: The SOES trading loophole was closed. HFT's run the market, everything is correlated, if you made profit trading CL or AAPL, you probably could have made the same trade in ES with triple the size and less slippage. Stocktwits has thousands of traders on the site with a very active ES stream I followed for months, not a single ES trader could be labeled as consistently profitable.

#48     Oct 13, 2011
  9. Teycir

Teycir

When you have highly sought after degree, you often get a well paid job and loose you "hunger" to open a business, take risks. Those who have not a degree tend to take more risks, because they have less to loose.
    I have a masters degree in computer science and I trade for a living, so not all educated people are employees, but you have to take in account that degrees are not 100% a positive factor to become a successful trader.
    Read the book the "market wizards", you'll see that many successful traders do not have advanced degrees or do not have degrees at all.
    Look at the wealthiest people cited in forbes magazine, many of them do no even have a bachelor's degree.

#49     Oct 17, 2011
  10. emg

emg

guess what? u are not them. u are just a small trader. these guys were born to be a leader. Too bad u are not them. just too bad

#50     Oct 17, 2011