WE are the 95%!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by pcp198, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Zarrar

Zarrar

There is no degree required to successfully trade and win intraday trading. There is a need for discipline, which includes includes physical fitness, mental attitude, and understanding when to enter and when to get out. As well as most importantly, not to attempt at trying to become vengeful with a stock. Meaning not over trading a stock if a position goes bad. Walk away, shake it off, and come back again, rethink everything, and never get mad. This is not part of any college degree.

#31     Oct 13, 2011
  2. lg_cap

lg_cap

I could not have put it better :)
    It seems that some people absolutely want to associate trading success with only years of schooling or years of non-schooling.
    Let's repeat : trader's profitability has nothing to do with years of schooling. Having schooled a lot doesn't mean you'll be crap or good at trading, having not schooled enough doesn't mean you'll be crap or good at trading.

#32     Oct 13, 2011
  3. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Greetings Ash1972,

No truer statement could have been made. A very perceptive, insightful, and yet concise assessment. Your words are right on the money. They ring solidly true to those who “have been around the block” for a while, know the game, and fully understand where that game is really played.

Your missive has earned a spot in my Trading Journal for today………….Thanks!

KDASFTG

#33     Oct 13, 2011
  4. emg

emg

u forgot something. The fact is:

More than 90% of small traders lose. They just lose!

I bet those retail brokerages have it at 100%

The OP has it at 95%.

#34     Oct 13, 2011
  5. sheda

sheda

Prove it, with quarter on quarter statistics covering ten thousand traders for the last decade.

Prove it just prove it!!!!!!!!!

#35     Oct 13, 2011
  6. emg

emg

here is an interesting article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/03/business/la-fi-amateur-currency-trading-20110403

According to this article:

"The majority of people today are on a quarterly basis not doing well," Drew Niv, FXCM's chief executive, acknowledged in an interview.

An estimated 615,000 Americans are dabbling in foreign currency trading.

At FXCM, 75% to 77% of customers lost money each quarter last year, according to newly required disclosures to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

Of the total 615,000 accounts annual, 605,000 accounts lose annual. That translate to about 98% of traders lose annual.

Imagine what can Higher Education do for your brain. The MIT BlackJack Teams making a millions beating the house. U can too by getting a proper degrees.

#36     Oct 13, 2011
  7. sheda

sheda

I said ten years hard evidence you give me one year one market one broker - for some one who places so much upon education you sure don't come across as to high up in that world..

#37     Oct 13, 2011
  8. euclid

euclid

The majority of FXCM's customers lose at FX. So what? So do BarCap with all their quants.
    What evidence do you have that higher education leads to success at FX trading?

#38     Oct 13, 2011
  9. emg

emg

work for the house and go figure. Don't forget, barrier to entry to join the house, but there is no barrier to entry to become a gambler. Similiar to MIT BlackJack Team, there is barrier to entry to join the team, but there is no barrier to entry to play blackjack in vegas.

Otherwise, just lose. Keep blowing and reload you account like the rest of the 90% losers.

#39     Oct 13, 2011
  10. emg - If you're going to make the point that you need certain skills to become a trader at least post listings that are for trading positions.

The crap you posted is for programming/engineering positions.

#40     Oct 13, 2011