We Are The 1%!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Oct 6, 2011.

1. I actually happen to agree with you on this topic. The idea that EVERYBODY that is disgusted enough with the bullshit of saving the banks at any and all costs is some 20-something liberal "who doesn't want to work" is disingenous to say the least.

#11     Oct 6, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

What? This makes no sense. First of all, there are many jobs in that building that aren't even finance related. Second, since when is a job in finance unethical. Third, do you trade Ricter? Do you engage in this unethical activity? Half the people who work in finance are liberal.

See Ricter, you liberals keep moving the goal posts. You say you want a job then when offered, you don't want it. You say you want income equality, but not if it's a job you don't like. Admit it man, there is nothing anyone can do that will ever satisfy you people. That's why this whole thing is a farce. You are a terrorist holding hostages making demands that mean nothing to you. You have already made up your mind that you are going to kill the hostages. Why bother negotiating.

#12     Oct 6, 2011
  3. Crispy

Crispy

I dont know one guy in my firm with a finance degree.

#13     Oct 6, 2011
  4. Well... when would you expect dissent to happen? When you can walk out of college with an art history degree and collect 100k/year at a dot com to design logos?

Or perhaps, more realistically (and ironically), when you could graduate with an english degree and collect 100k/year selling mortgages/real-estate to the public? Those were nice, easy to get jobs for a while...

#14     Oct 6, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ahh yes, the good old days when a degree in women's transgender studies would fetch 150k a year at some internet start up company. Things are just not what they use to be. Sigh...

#15     Oct 6, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Remember the last guy who waved a 10 pound note to the crowd of protesters? Lost his job for it.

#16     Oct 6, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

The other week I saw a guy on TV who had graduated with a degree in international studies, whatever the fuck that is, and a $100K in student loan debt. He just didn't understand why he couldn't find a job.

#17     Oct 6, 2011
  8. It's time for some of these colleges to become just as obsolete as the worthless diplomas that they are printing.

Just looked the other day, but the handful of private schools I saw were charging $40k-$45k per year in tuition alone. "All in" the cost is probably $60k per year.

#18     Oct 6, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

And your argument makes no sense, because there are without doubt many in the crowd of protestors who work, or will work one day. This whole argument is about the perception that our system is now "rigged".

#19     Oct 6, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

All the losers think the game is rigged. That is a psychosis that goes all the way back to the beginning of time. Look at all the guys on ET that lose money trading and the only conclusion they come to is the game is rigged. Sports teams claim a particular game is rigged when they lose. When someone doesn't get a job they assume the interview is rigged. Ricter, that is a paranoia that will never go away.

The game is not rigged. It's far from perfect. It's corrupt (thanks to government). It's not fair. But rigged? No.

We should be handing out history books at these protests so these kids could see what life was like 100 and 150 years ago in this country. Today is utopia compared to that.

#20     Oct 6, 2011