We Are The 1%!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

[​IMG]

Love it. In response to the Occupy Chicago protestors outside the board of trade building, one of the trading firms put this in their window in plain site of the protestors.

2. Ricter

Ricter

I love that, too.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

There are plenty of firms hiring in that building Ricter. What do you think the odds are that any of those kids will even bother trying to apply?

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I saw one of the protesters interviewed several days ago. When asked if she'd apply for a job she replied "NO!".

5. Ricter

Ricter

I would think that within a group ostensibly made up of pro-labor types you would not find many Finance majors.

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yup which makes these protests worthless. These kids don't want to work!!!! I have actually seen several interviews in NY where people said the same thing. They don't want to work. Typical liberal attitude. Just give me my welfare check while I complain about the system.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, buddy, pal, capadre. Listen to me. Half the guys in that building have no back ground in finance. Some of them are high school drop outs. Fortunes have been made there by guys with a high school education. You are making excuses.

You don't see the irony in these people protesting about the 1% outside a building that would actually hire them and give them an opportunity to be in that 1% and them actually refusing it? LOL.

8. Ricter

Ricter

Yeah yeah yeah, try to de-legitimize. I'm sure it's merely coincidence, this dissent during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

9. JamesL

JamesL

What do you think any of those kids will come clean and dressed properly for the interview if they did apply for a job? What do you think any of them will show the right attitude to get the job rather than list their demands as conditions of their employment?

10. Ricter

Ricter

I would hope the protests, and for the most part it appears to be true, are more about a society that has such a striking 1%/99% divide in the first place. There are people in this world who will not, on principle, engage in immoral or unethical behavior merely because it is profitable. No, it is not enough to say, "it's legal".

#10     Oct 6, 2011