We Are No Longer A Serious Country

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Aug 15, 2019.

1. If there was any doubt, this should seal it. Let's not forget, we are getting this kind of craziness with a great Orange Ape/nazi facist Putin stooge dictator as president. Can you even imagine what we would be getting with one of the clown car crew?

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/08/14/miniature-horses-cleared-for-take-off-service-animals/

CBS Local) — Miniature horses are among the service animals approved to take on flights, according to new guidelines provided Thursday by the federal government.

Service animals on planes has been the subject of much debate over the past several years, especially when the animal is a little exotic. To curb some of the debate, the U.S. Department of Transportation clarified which common service animals should almost always be allowed.

“With respect to animal species, we indicated that we would focus our enforcement efforts on ensuring that the most commonly used service animals (dogs, cats, and miniature horses) are accepted for transport as service animals,” the department said in a statement.

(More at url)

[​IMG]

Can you even imagine being in the next seat to a freakin' horse? There's not enough room for your legs as it is. Now some moron wants to bring his horsie along?

The infuriating thing is, we all know they are just trying to avoid paying the baggage fees for transporting fido or whatever. So the rest of us have to deal with it.

2. wildchild

wildchild

Surely you can't be serious!

3. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

If this is true, I like it...:D Honestly... It's not(or should not) be the government's business to say what transportation companies are or not allowed to transport. The conditions of the flight(like having a damn horse on the sit next to someone) should reflect the prices the company charges. Better to make a free market that creates options through companies offering different services(like flights where animals are or not allowed) and even smoking should not be banned anymore(once again with the price of the ticket naturally reflecting these characteristics)... But these choices should be up to the companies individually to make, aiming to please different segments of clients. On a side note: I'm not and never was a smoker. I just like options for everybody. The more, the better.:)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  4. kingjelly

kingjelly

Was in EWR recently, saw 5 freaking dogs in my terminal, and there was one on my plane. The emotional support bullshit has to stop. Now I love dogs, but.. if you are so unstable that you need the emotional support of an domesticated or farm animal, I don't want your crazy ass on my plane.

DTB2, traderob and elderado like this.
  5. When someone brings a tarantula on as a service animal I am going to lose my shit...

DTB2 likes this.
  6. I tend to agree but as I read the article, they are required to accommodate these types of "service animals." Like I said, we are no longer a serious country. If someone actually needs a miniature horsie to fly, they really have no business on an airplane. It's all totally bogus and everyone knows it. Somehow people in this country were able to cope for a hundred years without horses, dogs, tarantulas, etc. Now they are all so fragile, they can't wipe their own ass. But the normal people have to pay the price. Thanks Trump.

7. RRY16

RRY16

How about Gerbals and Ferrets on planes?

8. stu

stu

Last time they allowed Snakes on a Plane didn't end well.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    AAAintheBeltway and fan27 like this.
  9. Prolly yet another concession to muslims.

Story the other day about how muslim Uber drivers wouldn't take the fare of a blind person with a guide dog. Apparently nothing wrong with a "guide horse", however.

vanzandt likes this.
  10. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

Are companies allowed to deny the animals in their planes if they choose to do so after the approval of this? Or are they obligated to accept the animals if their clients request it? (Honest question, no second intentions here)

#10     Aug 16, 2019