We are just witnessing the end of

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mikeenday, Aug 1, 2011.

1. jokepie

jokepie

Yep, I just meant - at this point when entringa speculative bet - rather than tieing money absolutely to a ETF, Options make more sense. Shorting them ETF's is FUNNNN

#11     Aug 1, 2011
  2. Since none of the 3x funds track all that well, wouldn't it make more sense to simply short both the 3x bull and 3x bear?

#12     Aug 1, 2011
  3. So you have a 1 million dollar portfolio, and your just the Average Joe who doesn't trade. What asset classes does Joe Blow go into for the next year to Preserve his money and buying power from possible catastrophic economic events in America?

Gold?
    silver?
    oil?
    Cash (usd)?
    Swiss Frank ?
    Yen?
    Treasuries?

What is the Safest bet if he is just looking for preservation of principle? Any one , combination, or other asset classes are welcome for suggestion for Mr. Joe Blow

#13     Aug 1, 2011
  4. Buy a nice ranch with it's own reliable source of water, preferably one that can be micro-hydro'd for power.

It will always be worth whatever a nice ranch is worth in whatever may be the currency of the moment.

And I do mean a ranch, not a bunker.

#14     Aug 1, 2011
  5. Yeah I agree, but If I'm talking to Joe Blow that is used to just buying treasuries /bonds for a safe haven, What the heck is one supposed to say to Joe Blow now? Treasuries are just a time bomb at this point right? Joe wants something in the global markets that is easy to buy . Not necessarily a ranch, although I agree hard assets like that are a very good idea.

#15     Aug 1, 2011
  6. jokepie

jokepie

Let the average joe hold on to paper USD's.
    Traders can take advantage of the moves and make money...

Sad thing is that at the end of the day we all hold paper/electronic $$

#16     Aug 1, 2011
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Waiting for support levels to be broken on the SPX at 1250, 1242 1234 but thats until the SPX breaks 1259 first!

After all those support levels are broken it can be a quick drop to sub 1200 levels but of course before than Bubble ben bernanke will step in and save the stock market with QE3! So no need to worry about the SPX breaking down anytime soon.

#17     Aug 1, 2011
  8. The bull market ended 4 years go, in 2007, when the S&P was in the 1500-1600 range.

#18     Aug 1, 2011
  9. S2007S

S2007S

This isn't a bull market, this is an artificially stimulated lets print trillions of worthless dollars and prop up the stock market run up. Thats all it is.

#19     Aug 1, 2011
  10. the1

the1

Precisely!

#20     Aug 1, 2011