We are in a slow motion Crash!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by blowingup2012, Apr 10, 2012.

1. bc1

bc1

Well, they have both blown up their accounts. They both appear to have the same mental problems. They both give bad advice. They both don't understand the markets. Nobody in the sane world would want to follow their advice. Sockpuppets perhaps?

#41     Apr 18, 2012
  2. its not a crash but its a new economy. you have more people on earth everyday and less people needed in the work force. you have new powerful counties using limited resources. this is a fast moving evolution and the middle class of first world countries will be forced to share the little wealth they have.

#42     Apr 18, 2012
  3. Uh I like it like that
    She working that back
    I don't know how to act
    Slow motion for me, slow motion for me, slow motion for me
    Move it slow motion for me
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bzZY4rNHD-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slow indeed...

#43     Apr 18, 2012
  4. Notable stocks like AAPL, IBM and PCLN have turned the corner. Why not buy some right now to demonstrate your confidence in the market and to show us that you "know" it more then I?

#44     Apr 19, 2012
  5. The normal historical unwinding process after a magnificent equity bubble is for a devastating equity bust of comparable magnitude to follow. The bust is necessary to bleed off the gross bubble excesses and lay the solid foundations for the next boom. I know it’s no fun, but history is absolutely unambiguous in teaching investors the hard lesson that general market valuations, as measured by P/E ratios, plunge to half fair value (7x) at the pits of despair when a bust bear-market bottoms. If the S&P 500 was to become universally loathed as panic and capitulation reigned supreme, the index could conceivably fall to a difficult to believe level. In this case that level would be somewhere south of 700 and quite conceivably much lower.

#45     Apr 19, 2012
  6. While I would agree that AAPL looks a little damaged, it isn't "crashing" and if that's what you mean by it "turning the corner", it's very premature to conclude that.

I know this, which is that you buy low and sell high when you go long and vice versa if you're going short.

So, of course you buy when the market is down. Your primary responsibility as a trader is to identify what constitutes the end of the decline and then buying or the end of the rise and then selling.

The problem with traders who get all excited about declines in bull markets or rallies in bear markets is that they lack one of the key psychological attributes of a successful trader, which is 'patience'.

#46     Apr 19, 2012
  7. Please explain what equity bubble you are referring to that is in the process of being unwound? The market is just now recovering from the last major decline from a few years ago. Bubbles are defined by blind euphoria and an overall feeling of the market being a can't lose proposition (dot.com craze and real estate bubble if you want some examples). I hardly view the current market being in that situation, everyone is scared of the next big drop and many investors remain on the sidelines due to the fear of the last decline happening again. If there had been a true equity bubble even people like you and GrandSuperCycle would have been on board with max leverage on long positions.

#47     Apr 19, 2012
  8. By your statement you're implying that you also know more than the rest of the folks here.

So it's logical assume that you could make money by taking the opposite view.

That's what you should be doing.

So if you're so kind enough to warn us, go ahead, take the opposite view and put your money where your mouth is. Can you do that?

#48     Apr 19, 2012
  9. #49     Apr 19, 2012
  10. You didn't explain anything at all except say that the market is over valued and then link to some website who either shares your view or gave you the info which convinced you of that view. You stated earlier that we are coming down from a "magnificent equity bubble." And when questions your proof is that well some website thinks the market is still overvalued. Well i could link to many other analyst who still think the market is undervalued but what is the point? Here is a clue: overvalued does not equal massive bubble. Please tell me that you also are not one of those people who after the Dow loses 200 points in a day starts referring to it as a black swan event as well?

#50     Apr 19, 2012