We are going to do it 100.04

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrDODGE, Mar 13, 2008.

1. #11     Mar 13, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

"Who cares" sounds flippant, not serious. But giving you the benefit of the doubt: Yen <100 is relevant, due to the large size of the carry trade and the numerous funds & corporations that have had it on for years. If the Yen strengthens sufficiently, markets could see a big move that results in widespread large losses, leading to further fund liquidation, corporate blowups a la Soc Gen, and so on. That could definitely have an impact on the wider markets.

The thread starter was pointing out a useful and important piece of information. ANY trader should be watching the Yen, just as they should watch the Euro, gold, price of oil, because all those are influencing things or acting as important barometers or market sentiment.

#12     Mar 13, 2008
  3. The lack of the word "and" makes it a simple grammatical typo. Something a troll would point out, since the sentence was as clear as day regardless.

But the funny thing is that I'll bet you checked your last post with spell checker before posting just to make sure you couldn't be called out for anything similar! :)

#13     Mar 13, 2008
  4. Alright, I will yield on the "flippancy" of the point :) But it's no more than any other post on this forum and creating a new thread to discuss how close we were to 100 yen in light of all else that is going on...that's what caused the response :)

But to the discussion (finally, there is one!) I think there are much larger fish to fry at this point - such as the overall dollar index, futures in the red, a forthcoming cut next week in FFF that will almost certainly increase, if not lead to, more talk about depegging the USD in the gulf states. Oil over $110, gold pushing 1000...you know, all the tales of the cataclysm to come. Adding <100 yen is like throwing a straw into a pile of hay.

#14     Mar 13, 2008
  5. "Called out"? :)

Not that you've contributed at all to the thread in any worthwhile info!

Ok...time's up. But I appreciate the passing of the time, mate. I'll check if you've responded in a couple of hours. But I've gotta run for a bit!

Re: apology accepted. *yawn* Still the troll.

#15     Mar 13, 2008
  6. What I want to know is when we're going to see the BOJ step in, 95.00? Lower?

Some analysts are predicting a dollar 'crash' but would central banks allow that to happen without a fight to stabilize moves?

You gotta love the US and their 'strong dollar policy', have they looked at the dollar index lately :)

#16     Mar 13, 2008
  7. Funny watching the market try to prop up the 100 level the past few hours. It was so obvious it was going to break. Hundreds of nervous option holders trying to keep their 100 no-touches alive. So much for that!

#17     Mar 13, 2008
  8. I wonder how the Japanese housewifes are doing with their carry trade hobby?

#18     Mar 13, 2008
  9. That was strange, it just dipped below 100, where are all the stops then?

#19     Mar 13, 2008
  10. Can't you go and troll somewhere else megalomaniaman?

#20     Mar 13, 2008