WCRX Warner Chilcott $8.50 Divided anyway to play this?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by gimp570, Aug 16, 2010.

1. tomgordon

tomgordon Guest

so they borrowed money to pay out this monster dividend?
    why would they do this?
    i have never seen anything like it
    but the stock is cookin today
    so maybe they know something i dont

#11     Aug 23, 2010
  2. Casey30

Casey30

Special dividends are infrequent, however companies often issue debt to pay it out. It really isn't that rare. Also, after about 30 minutes or maybe a day, the shares factor in the special div.The money that could have been made is if you bought on the initial release of the news as quickly as possible.

#12     Aug 23, 2010
  3. gimp570

gimp570

i guess that i just have never seen it before

and i dont understand either

#13     Aug 23, 2010
  4. stocks only up $1.50 , so you can still make the $7 a share thats left.

#14     Aug 23, 2010
  5. joe4422

joe4422

It's not about capatilism, people with do anything regardless of what system they live under. Some of the most corrupt governments today are the communist governments.

#15     Aug 24, 2010
  6. If taking out 7,75% loans was all there was to make money in business, then everyone would be rich.,..

#16     Aug 24, 2010
  7. joe4422

joe4422

To the OP, regarding options plays, it's not as easy as it sounds. Each time there is a special situation like this, the condition of the options are changed in a way that's fair to both sides. There is no standard approach, but each time a vote is taken by a panel on how to deal with a situation like this.

So, buying a put will not mean you make a bunch of money if price drops 8 bucks after the distribution.

#17     Aug 24, 2010
  8. gimp570

gimp570

anyone with half a brain that can tell me what this means??

i must be to much of a dummy to understand

ARDEE, Ireland, Aug. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Warner Chilcott plc (Nasdaq:WCRX - News) today announced that it has received the Food and Drug Administration's ("FDA's") response to a citizen petition it had filed regarding its ASACOL and ASACOL HD products. In its petition, Warner Chilcott requested that the FDA (1) issue bioequivalence guidance for mesalamine delayed-release tablets, (2) not approve any abbreviated new drug applications ("ANDAs") referencing ASACOL and/or ASACOL HD unless the proposed generic product is shown to be bioequivalent based on appropriate data from a clinical efficacy endpoint study, comparative pharmacokinetic testing and rigorous in vitro dissolution testing and (3) deny any waiver of bioequivalence testing for either ASACOL or ASACOL HD based on a showing of bioequivalence in the other strength. In its joint-response to the citizen petitions of the Company and another petitioner, the FDA has granted in part and denied in part various aspects of the citizen petitions. The impact of the FDA's response will depend upon the particular facts of any ANDA filed referencing ASACOL and/or ASACOL HD.

A copy of the FDA's response letter is available in the Investor Relations section of the Company's website at www.wcrx.com. In addition, the Company's citizen petition and related information and the FDA's response letter are, or will be made available, on the www.regulations.gov website.

#18     Aug 24, 2010
  9. gimp570

gimp570

based on the price action today i guess it is so so news. WCRX is up and the market is in the toilet.

it sounds like some stuff was approved and some stuff was not...and until we know the details..which i would love to know the time frame for ....WCRX seems like a huge risk/huge reward stock...

could got threw the roof any second or could take a crap any time

#19     Aug 24, 2010
  10. its up because of pre dividend buying. i have noticed alot of stocks run up in super dividend anncouncements. Afterwrads they drop more then 100-120% of the dividend price.

So best way to play this is buy now, sell before ex dividend, rebuy after ex-dividend

#20     Aug 24, 2010