Way Of The Turtle- An Essential Read

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Spectre2007, what system is that in the attachment? (if you wish to say. of course or any details about the system)

Just curious...I don't want you to give away any "trade" secrets!

#21     Jun 23, 2007
  2. Chagi

Chagi

Just finished the book, definitely a good read. One key aspect that made it enjoyable for me was the historical perspective, since much of the book was based on anecdotal tales from the days of the Turtles. I do agree with a couple of other comments to some extent...I did wonder why the author doesn't appear to be trading right now (seems more focused on a trading software enterprise).

The key thing that this book made me think about is the suggested need for a system and/or plan, i.e. really spending some time going over how to trade, specifically how/when to execute a trade. I also liked the section on living life, specifically not being afraid to take risks and to pursue your dreams.

#22     Jul 25, 2007
  3. One

One

Pabst,

Do you know the name of the lunch spot directly across the street from the east side doors of the CBOT - always crowded at lunch time, with traders and brokers yelling out their orders for sandwiches? I have fond memories of the fish sandwiches from that place though my arteries don't.

C.

#23     Jul 25, 2007
  4. One

One

Forgot to mention that this was a place popular when I was there in the 80's.

#24     Jul 26, 2007
  5. Just chiming in: This book is great!

#25     Jul 26, 2007
  6. chisel

chisel

I think it was Broker's Inn...the chili and cheese omelets were the best! And so was the hash.

#26     Jul 26, 2007
  7. Yes it was Broker's Inn. The owner, Lou Bernakis also owns Trade Inn (in the CBOT lobby).

I hadn't thought of those breaded filet of fish (perch?) sandwiches in years! A Friday lunch classic. You'll never see a sandwich so big in these frugal times.

#27     Jul 26, 2007
  8. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I will be curious as to your view after reading my book on the subject.

#28     Oct 11, 2007
  9. This book is excellent.
    In my top 5 easily.

I also disappointed that Curtis Faith doesn't trade anymore. What a waste of knowledge. But nice of him to share it with us.

Michael,

I have read your first book and found it very interested also.
    Just wondering, do you trade at all, or just write books, and run courses and give seminars?

If not, then why don't you actually trade?

Nizar.

#29     Oct 16, 2007