Waxie's crappy infomercial

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bungrider, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Monsoon

Monsoon

i particularly like the fact that he is wearing his NYSE tee

#51     Jan 9, 2003
  2. Whoa, he had his laptop in his underwear??

That sounds dangerous!!

:)

#52     Jan 9, 2003
  3. i met waxie and tiny at the expo in NYC last year. honestly, waxie looked stoned or spaced out. i asked him several questions and he just starred at me. it was really really freaky. tiny looks like a fat biker and is friendly.

best,

surfer

#53     Jan 9, 2003
  4. I'm just wondering if Waxie was working for a firm in an exchange... was he a Chi-town or NY trader or... just an independent trader...

Anyone know or does he make claims about his past crudentials???

#54     Jan 9, 2003
  5. trdrmac

trdrmac

It is my guess based on reading his book that if he made $3,000,000 it was from selling books and his website subscriptions not his trading account.

There was not a single "real trade" example in his book. Even the Nicolas Darvis book "How I made 2M" had some verifiable examples of trades.

As a side note, there was an interesting article on Robert Kiosacki author of "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" in Smart Money this month. Seems this best selling author had a few holes poked in his story as well.

More and more though I think people just want to belive that someone is going to reach down and show them the way. And they don't want to belive that they are being conned.

#55     Jan 9, 2003
  6. Dont get me started on Rich Dad Poor Dad. You want to know about this dude'd 'poor dad?' He was like the Superintendent of public schools for all of Hawaii. He was a well paid, executive type person. With his govt pension and investments, I'm sure 'poor dad' is doing quite well in retirement.

RK's advice is to start a business. (OK but which one). Real estate (paging Carleton Sheets) and .... selling Rich Dad books. RKs business touted in the Rich Dad's book is selling Rich Dad books. Talk about being self-referential. Its hardly advice someone else can take away and apply.

#56     Jan 9, 2003
  7. trdrmac

trdrmac

Puffy,

You are right on. I read a few of his books, and they were not bad from a ra-ra get you moving standpoint. But as far as the business plan, there was nothing there. Buy Property, Invest, just no meat.

This site is one of my favorites on GURUs of various periods, he does a nice write up on Kiosaki.

http://www.johntreed.com/

I don't know how some of these people keep selling this garbage, paying a little fine and sleeping at night.

#57     Jan 10, 2003
  8. Ok, I gotta step in and defend RK. Granted, the guy doesn't offer any practical advice, but when I read that book it completely changed the way I thought about money. Please note, I was only 17 when I read it.

Anyway, it basically got me to start thinking like someone who's trying to build networth as opposed to someone who is trying to look rich. Although, 'The Millionaire Next Door' would probably have done the same thing.

#58     Jan 10, 2003

9. waxie claims to have been living on the streets before the market.

best,

surfer

#59     Jan 10, 2003
  10. Listen to him talk - he's definitely a New Yorker

Don't think he was ever a pro trader though - can't imagine any Wall Street firm hiring him.

He claims he made a small fortune trading his own money during the end of the 90s (when you could pretty much buy any POS tech stock and make money).

Now he appears to make most of his money by charging gullible followers big monthly fees so that he can screw them over by front running them.

#60     Jan 10, 2003