Waving the white flag

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tonetrader, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Well guys this is my first post (and most likely last), I've been reading the board for years now and I must say you are all a really entertaining bunch. I appreciate all the advice, commentary and laughs.

I've been trading for about 10 years now, and been successful at it for the most part(been able to pay bills and keep the fiance at bay).

The passion I have for trading is that this is a battle against oneself and not against the markets. In the past few years I've been able to learn quite a bit about myself through the markets. Unfortunately I've been on a slide this month. Buying, holding, averaging in... you know the drill. I totally lost my composure and went on tilt.

My account has experienced such a drawdown that mentally I'm not sure I'll ever be able to overcome it. So I did the one thing an irrational trader over- ridden with guilt would do.. Put it all on black! So I'm all in on a particular position (SNDK) and waiting and watching to see what happens. This trade will determine whether I leave the markets or continue to trade.

Not sure why I'm writing guess it's almost like a suicide note, ha!

Good bye cruel markets!