Wave Count - 2010-08

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by snowrider, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Feedback: stop chasing useless things like Elliott.

#21     Aug 4, 2010
  2. Well, after being wiped many times in my trading life, I stopped saying something would *definitely* happen. Because of my 100% certainty on something, I got wiped out. It's also like playing chess, some steps that I see might not be correct because there will always be someone better than us. Also, a saying goes like this "bulls make money, bear make money, ...". So even though we don't see EUR in the same way, we both can make money from that.

P.S., Cycle is not a certain thing, and cycles do shift and change. Sun comes up everyday, but sometimes we have rainy days.

#22     Aug 4, 2010
  3. It sounds like that you have found some useful things for making money from the market, and also you have made a huge amount of money by using your useful things!?

Please share that with us!

#23     Aug 4, 2010
  4. Trading is lot more about finding out what DOESN'T work. I have been trading for a very long time. And the stuff that is in the Trading 101 books off Amazon can pretty much be edited from hundreds down to a few pages of "perhaps interesting." Elliott, Gann and other stuff like that is trashware.

As for "sharing" stuff that works, are you serious? How many (truthfully) profitable traders here are publishing their best edges?

Here is lesson 101. It is called "backtesting." And then it is called "walk-forward testing" to verify the backtesting. How many thousands of simulated trades have you run on Elliott Wave and your counts, and what werre your simulated results, including stats such as expectancy, drawdown analysis, runs of wins/losses, etc.? Serious traders don't post about things they believe in. It just makes them look naive. Serious traders havee done robust testing of everything relatd to their trading, and reject it if it does not show a real ability to outperform and add to their Risk-Adjusted Returns/Rewards.

If you are trying to be funny, this was a seriously lame and insulting post. If you stop acting like a wide-eyed newbie and do some real research on this site, you might learn a few things. Sorry I mistook you as someone who was actually on this site with an open mind, wanting to advance their own and advancing other peoples trading skills. :mad:

#24     Aug 5, 2010

5. Is this how its going to be with you Trade2win hotshots? Can't give a straight answer to a simple question but pour out condescension by the bucketloads.

#25     Aug 5, 2010
  6. I normally don't come to the forum to discuss something while I am trading. But to make things clear ... you don't know my background.

I am here not to challenge anyone. If you don't like my posts, please just ignore them.

I respect those who have experienced the real win and loss from real trading rather than paper trade or oral trade. I respect those who have experienced the real life and death. I If you are one of them, I'll respect you.

Just FYI, I started using Super Chart since 1992 and started using TradeStation since 1995. If you are doing system trading, you should have heard about those. Still, if you can make money even by tossing coins, I'll respect you.

#26     Aug 5, 2010
  7. Hi deadbroke - sorry to let you feel that way. I really appreciate that you join the discussion. The thing is that I really don't know what will happen next. I can just guess, with some existing information to make judgment about the market's next move. Trading is really like playing chass. I don't mind to share my guessing and my finding because what I am playing with is the market. The market won't change direction because of few people's trading decision.

#27     Aug 5, 2010

8. Are you a woman, snow? :)

If so, I might never get a straight answer. :)

Repeating the original question ....

So basically your pref. count is exactly opposite of mine (I don't have an alt). Right?

A "yes' or "no' answer, please.

#28     Aug 7, 2010
  9. Yes dude (to your "original question"). I'll post my weekly update this afternoon. Stay tuned!

#29     Aug 7, 2010

10. Snow, go back a few posts and read JoePaterno's last para. He's abs. correct - you gave the impression that you were serious ............

shame if you're just farting around, because your chart is very good work indeed.

#30     Aug 7, 2010