Wave 3 of 3 of 3 down in S&P has begun...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PaulRon, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Specterx

Specterx

Ain't gonna happen since you have posted this thread.

#11     Oct 4, 2010
  2. PaulRon

PaulRon

:D :p

#12     Oct 4, 2010
  3. Being short is already a crowded trade: US stocks post best September since 1939:

If they included every thread on ET looking for the end of the world as we know it, it would get even more crowded.
    Every time there's a dip, another one (or two, or three) of these threads gets opened. If that doesn't tell you something...

#13     Oct 4, 2010
  4. PaulRon

PaulRon

First time I've opened a call-related thread since April 1st 2010, which I nailed.

Gold Breakout Today (4/1/10) - Long Term

Sure one good call shouldn't validate this one, but just a bit of background of success in the past. Good luck all

#14     Oct 4, 2010
  5. If you're right, you'll get to crow. If you're wrong, this thread will disappear.
    You are, basically, looking for a repeat of 1929 to 1932. Very low probability. Certainly something to hedge against, as long as a person makes sure the hedge doesn't cost much. But not really something to bet on.

#15     Oct 4, 2010
  6. PaulRon

PaulRon

It may not be something to bet on without proper risk management. I've gone short with essentially a 4 point stop and am looking at a reward of 500-800 points. On the conservative side that's a 1:100 r/r ratio. We're all just playing probabilities, of course, and I believed it to be a much greater than 1% chance of occurring given my analysis.

#16     Oct 4, 2010