Watley Ultimate Trader

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by AAAintheBeltway, Nov 2, 2002.

1. AB Watley is the most professional trading firm out there. There platform is called the Ultimate traders because it has earned that name from the seasoned traders that use it everyday. If you were a seasoned trader that has spent years trading with the best you would understand so just take my word for it.

#11     Nov 3, 2002
  2. This software is not in RT's league. I have not used it but I have seen it and it has no real distinguishing characteristics from dozen other marginal platforms and lacks many of the tweaks and bells and whistles that the better platforms have added as well.

If your used to RT I would think that moving over to UT would be frustrating IMO because you are going to inevitably lose some functionality.

#12     Nov 3, 2002
  3. Trader555,

Maybe I'm not as a seasoned trader like you but I traded at AB Watley. If you think UTII is above the rest, you're a piker.]

You have no idea what your talking about. Did you know power Etrade is Ultrimate trader II??

I guess all the yahoo's with Etrade accounts are all seasoned traders like you.

I promised I won't trade your stock on UTII, RBAK is not my stock.

#13     Nov 3, 2002
  4. Duuuude,

I respect your opinions and appreciate any info. but are saying that the daytrading industry and defacto daytrading itself is going to cease to exist??? Unless you are privy to some info. that the rest of us are not I dare say that rumors about the death of the daytrading industry are greatly exaggerated. No question things have changed in recent years. The daytrading industry is conslidating and things are evolving, but suggesting that all "daytrading shops" are going to go out of biz is a little over the top.

Well run daytrading operations have adapted to the new environment and have adjusted to the loss of retail traders. They have done things like started 'Prop.' divisions. Clearing firms like Penson have seen that these guys have needed to change their business models to survive and have adapted with them by offering deals and being more flexible. Big dogs like Goldie and company don't adapt but they have a bigger corporate machine to grind money out of and charge ridiculous fees.

God help us if we are only left with guys like SLK to clear through!!! :(

MACD

#14     Nov 3, 2002
  5. Piker,

I did not say that all daytrading firms are going out of business. I was referring to the ones that Penson clears for. Reread the post. I was implying that most of the shops they clear for are the shops that are not making money. That's what makes their creditworthiness is so bad!

And, I did not mention anything about how goldie makes their money. I said DVP business. It relates to risk they don't want to take on to do business with Penson.

Think before you start spewing.

#15     Nov 3, 2002
  6. nitro

nitro

fatty,

I cleaned up my inbox. Please try again.

nitro

#16     Nov 3, 2002
  7. Daytrading is out of style buying fixed income securities is in. Pikers are still riding the worn out bull's momentum. It's a losing game daytrading. You need to get your hands on a good advisor like Waxie.

#17     Nov 3, 2002
  8. mikep

mikep

If Watley has new management, then how come their website still has the same management profile for the last few years?

http://www.abwatley.com/index.jsp

I was told that this new scammer is the new CEO. Heard that he took control a few months ago. These guys are so shady they won't even put their names on the website.

#18     Nov 3, 2002
  9. What rates did they offer?

#19     Nov 3, 2002
  10. gaj

gaj

i got the same thing.

rates were 6.95 / trade.

#20     Nov 3, 2002