Watching Streaming Stock Quotes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Handsome, Nov 10, 2006.

1. When one is watching streaming stock quotes on their computer as I did today on my OptionsXpress account, does it stream better due to how fast one's internet service is (Broadband) or does the computers video card quality determine how well stock quotes stream?

2. Nobody here knows the answer to my question? Does the speed of streaming quotes rely on how fast your internet connection is or how good your video card is?...same question for watching videos on your computer...what makes it look real good...your internet connection speed or your video card quality?

3. your online connection. video cards only really matter in trading if you need a 2+ monitor set up.

4. Thanks a lot Cash$$$$$

5. Also make sure you have the latest and greatest version of Java. Sometimes, the browser could be an issue. For instance, if you are running Firefox, you will want to fetch any stability updates and all the various plug in add on tools it has to ensure you can run these various kinds of media java driven applications smoothly.

6. Not only is your bandwidth important, but the processor and RAM are equally important if you're watching a lot of symbols at once. Java loves RAM. The more RAM, the better. I'd recommend a dual core processor with a large cache and as much RAM as you can afford.

Richard

7. Thanks for the sound advice everyone!