watcher software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shneed, Feb 13, 2002.

1. tom_p

tom_p

Hans, I'm all for sharing on these boards but information regarding my commission structure will have to be relegated to a more private forum. Please PM me with some details of yourself, and I shall be glad to divulge all (by return PM, of course :))

#11     Feb 13, 2002
  2. shneed

shneed

tom,
    Watcher fired all the people in its employ, except for tech support, their only customer is Heartland Securities in NY, they just came out with the new version of the software. I've never used them before, just trying to get a feel for them.

Thanks,
    shneed

#12     Feb 13, 2002
  3. braye

braye

I was in an office today that uses Watcher.
    It's very fast, hot key. There is a learning curve but the guys
    I know that use it will never go back to a mouse again.
    My understanding is Heartland has it, Broadway does or used to,
    and the firm aforementioned also has it. Hope this helps.

#13     Mar 9, 2002
  4. "I know that you have to press the "shift" or "CTRL" key to place trades, that's too slow in my opinion."

It does not make it slower. You can just hold down a shift or ctrl key before you pull the trigger, and it is the same as hitting one key. Having a single key stroke w/o shift or ctrl is really asking for it in terms of accidentally placed trades. Plus if you drop something on the keyboard, or your cat walked across it....

"if you can program a separate keyboard for those keys, it would be great"

I looked into this for a long time. Every programmable keyboard I found took a brief instant to execute the action for which it was programmed. So it did not make sense to sacrifice any speed.

The Watcher spawned a few knock-offs that may by now have surpassed it in features. Mach, Sonic, Point-Direx's software, I am sure there are others.

#14     Mar 9, 2002