Watch this guy build a trading bot

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by nooby_mcnoob, May 6, 2019.

1. Caveat: haven't watched the whole thing, but I like his AI videos.

2. sss12

sss12

Maybe you should watch it before you post it.... "JP Morgan and the big banks don't have this AI capability". Really ? LOL.

ET180, tommcginnis and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  3. The title of that video should read "watch me use this piece of software". He didn't build anything, but is using some existing stuff. I'm not impressed by what I saw.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. I know I loled a little at that.

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. themickey

themickey

About 20 seconds was my limit on watching the video.
    BS meter went off scale immediately.

jl1575 likes this.
  6. OK guys sorry for posting but thanks for watching it so I don't have to. <3

jl1575 and sss12 like this.
  7. vin2018

vin2018

There is nothing to be sorry. It was a good video. Thanks for sharing.

nooby_mcnoob and tommcginnis like this.
  8. 2rosy

2rosy

maybe the bot he built was one that created and uploaded videos to youtube, facebook, ...
    hit the like button and subscribe

vin2018 likes this.
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I'm really busy so can't watch the whole 45 minute thing right now, but I got 5 minutes in and if the guy delivers on half of what he said, it's a great video. (I didn't want to like him at all -- that whole hair business {"Really?? Harry Potter want his hair tuft back"} put me off.)

Anyway -- back tonight. But the gobbledy-gook of the first 5 minutes is nothing that I wouldn't expect in any ML/AI/Python/Java meet-up -- and his made more sense.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

I've watched a couple minutes of a couple of his videos...He is taking the "medium" and "towards data science" approach... which is to charasmatically summarize someone elses work.... Not a bad thing, necessarily. What I think COULD be helpful to some (from what I watched) is HOW to make the dashboard display... I dont know about yall, but I really struggle making user interfaces. I'm a backend/logic guy...and dealing with browser based UIs may very well be the death of me...

Javascript, and its variants, is without a doubt the most hideous language ever created.

#10     May 7, 2019