Watch SPX , S&P 500 at 12:25est

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Why did you wait until around 1/2hr-45mins later before saying what the trade was. Can you explain why you will not post a message on ET 'as' you take (or see) the trade.

#11     Jul 30, 2003
  2. damir00

damir00 Guest

serious question: what would have had to happen for you to *not* see a confirmation?

#12     Jul 30, 2003
  3. damir00

damir00 Guest

50 bars is an enormous window. absolutely hugely enormous. converting your 2min setup to daily bars yields an equivalent window 50 trading days wide. that's 2.5 trading months!

not too many signals that don't show up in such timeframes.

#13     Jul 30, 2003
  4. Just for kicks, the next time you get a signal, are you able to tell where to draw the trendline in advance, or does the pattern complete itself after the predicted event occurs, and from there we can trade it?

Thanks.

#14     Jul 30, 2003
  5. There would not be a divergence.

#15     Jul 30, 2003
  6. damir00

damir00 Guest

let's see if i understand this: you're looking for a MACD/CCI divergence inside a 50-bar window centered on the time you specify.

is that an accurate summary?

#16     Jul 30, 2003
  7. You draw trendline using highs or lows and extend it past recent action . My charting allows me to go several days into the future so I know in advance where trendlines of todays action will be in next few days. I know that not every charting package has that feature so it is difficult to picture what I am talking about.
    To answer your question : I can draw trendline into the future and pattern ( confirmation ) completes after time given . Today was a very slow developing confirmation but I picked this time for that reason .
    similar pattern should occur near 14: 50est
    Walter
    PS: If you want to I will email you chart so you can see what I am seeing.

#17     Jul 30, 2003
  8. No.
    I do not know where that 50 bar window came from, window should be no more than 20 min. But it is up to you how big you want it.
    Time posted today is 12:25 and 14:50 est. I look for divergences to start forming at these times. Like today it took almost 20 min but it worked . I used 12:20 deliberately so nobody will come and say :there is always action at 11:35.
    Walter

#18     Jul 30, 2003
  9. Thanks Walter, I can do that.

#19     Jul 30, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Three losing trades in a row, Valter. Not good.

#20     Jul 30, 2003