Watch Jon Stewart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

This is pretty stupid thing to say, because well he is a comedian and nobody said otherwise anyway.

#11     Dec 28, 2010
  2. comedian ?

So I guess Shwartznegger is just an actor and bodybuilder, so we can ignore his governorship.

You are what they think you are, not what you say you are.

Just ask Jack Hershey.

#12     Dec 28, 2010
  3. Freedom <b>is</b> in fact the opposite of tyranny, once you dismiss anarchy aside as a desire of fools and rebellious teenagers with too many body piercings. I want the 'extreme freedom' promised by this country's founding fathers, not the foolish so-called 'freedom' desired by lawless anarchists.

No matter what he calls himself, Stewart is highly influential in shaping political views in this country, and I really don't like the direction he's trying to shape them. I see politicians voting themselves way too much power and trampling all over our civil rights, while Stewart always seems busy focusing elsewhere or even cheering them on, as is the case with nationalized health care. 'The Daily Show with John Stossel' wouldn't be half as funny, but you can bet it would be a thousand times more beneficial.

#13     Dec 28, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Well, the way I look at the terms is this, from freedom to tyranny:

Anarchy, freedom, control, tyranny.

But, it's all semantics, though I accept your points re the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

#14     Dec 28, 2010
  5. The way I look at it, if the drug addict was free to shoot as much smack up his arm as he likes, he wouldn't really give a shit about the Bill or Rights or the Constitution...

#15     Dec 28, 2010
  6. Yeah... your problem, not mine.

#16     Dec 28, 2010
  7. You deal in the world of fairy tales of comic book characters and pop philosophers like Rand...

You are so lacking in fact, and so pained that you have repeatedly resorted to lies, distortion, misrepresentation of fact, and displays of hostility and lowbrow threats of violence.

Can't change the facts...drug addict.

No, and I didn't make that up...didn't have to...

...another fact of a lost bet...

"I think it's now a safe bet to say that he's never coming back to ET."

#17     Dec 28, 2010
  8. Yawn... you truly bore me.
    If you want my negative attention so badly, you're going to have to come up with some new material already. As it stands, I have a million better things to do than repeat the same old back-and-forth ad nauseum. Later...

#18     Dec 28, 2010
  9. Truly, I have never seen a drug addict that practiced rigorous honesty...

When the weasels are exposed, they have no retreat but to weasel away.

#19     Dec 28, 2010
  10. It's back! Lock up your toddlers!

#20     Dec 28, 2010