Watch for 50% retracement in the S&P

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Petsamo, Oct 15, 2009.

1. dtan1e

dtan1e

50% retracement? actually, i have the same idea, seriously, but my past probability is a bit on the low side, interesting that someone else would have the same notion

#11     Oct 15, 2009
  2. TheMan

TheMan

shit

that's two people that think it is going to happen

im in!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

#12     Oct 15, 2009
  3. I do not think we see any Fib retracement from here.

However I Guess market will be sideways, "" most likely in the range of ES 1050 - 1150 for the next 5-6 weeks """

Therefore , from here if it straight goes 20 -30 points higher, then it will be a good short. Once again I say if it goes straight, like in 2- 4 days...

if it goes 20- 30 lower, you should buy.

always with a good stop loss since we all know you can never ever say what happens,

I do not want to initiate any new position where this rocket is now....

#13     Oct 16, 2009
  4. jem

jem

what is the the difference between trading what is happening and what you think will happen?

its a pithy zen like comment, but what does it mean?

#14     Oct 16, 2009
  5. Rimping

Rimping

I think it means: be short when it goes down and be long when it goes up.
    Don't be short before it goes down and don't be long before it goes up.
    A lot of traders think they need to predict in order to make money.

#15     Oct 16, 2009
  6. flatron

flatron

so 'trading what is happening' rather than 'trading what you think will happen' just means trading with the trend?

#16     Oct 16, 2009
  7. TheMan

TheMan

no

#17     Oct 16, 2009
  8. flatron

flatron

oh. :( lol
    Well, even if one trades 'what is hapening' they must still have an idea of what they 'think will happen' otherwise they would never take a trade!?

#18     Oct 16, 2009
  9. IT means that at this price I do not want to initiate a new trade, I only open a new position if the price goes 20- 30 point lower or higher and I will fade it since I am anticipating that ES will fluctuate in a range of 100 150 points for awhile ... I believe that the straight going up time is over,, we are going to be in a side ways movement for a while...

My plan is also a half load position , not more than 6- 10 point stop.....

#19     Oct 16, 2009
  10. Dacamic

Dacamic Guest

My stop losses are triggered based upon what is happening. Otherwise, my entries and exits reflect what I think will happen.

#20     Oct 16, 2009