Watch a Newbie Blow his account

Discussion in 'Journals' started by flipflopper, May 22, 2007.

1. Crewmen

Crewmen

Hey flipflopper, I'm new here at ET and really enjoyed your journal. I wish you would stick around and continue this. I've been very impressed with your trades and look forward to your comments.. Don't let other posters rain on your parade.. Well I wish you the best..
    CM

#71     Jun 6, 2007
  2. flipflopper,

Learn the value of position sizing. Your variance of returns is waaaay too high for your account size.

#72     Jun 6, 2007
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

I don't think it's case of 'rain on your parade', it's clear from all of the posts that he trades with high level of emotions . Soon or later that emotion will take a toll on him and looked like it did.

#73     Jun 6, 2007
  4. Hmmmm, that sounds like a pretty unfair and immature statement especially coming from a moderator... not sure how you deduced that I "trade with a high level of emotions" from all my posts?!?!

:confused:

Anyways, I feel I am a pretty open and honest person. I am relatively new to this board and all I wanted to discuss trading with other traders... seems like a good place to do it.

I recently began noticing more people with hidden agenda's trying to push a products or services (MrWallStreet, paysense). I also noticed people who annoy and clutter the board (stocktrad3r) and cause just worthless noise and arguing over nothing.

I am aware that often times a few can ruin something good for many. That's just the nature of anything public. There are a certain percentage of scumbags, con men, criminals, thieves, liars, users, leaches, and losers. In the real world I've learned how to keep these elements out of my life there. In cyber world I haven't.

When paysense commented about me on my thread it felt like I was raped. Then MrWallstreet got me to actually check out a paysite under false pretenses. A one two punch. These things were just bad Karma and making me feel a little off balance. I just need to rediscover my center.

#74     Jun 6, 2007