Washington Times says it's racist for white women to not "date" black men

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, May 27, 2011.

1. Racism is judging someone based purely on their race. Like the way the media flocked to obama or how he got 99% of the black vote.

Dating, at least for women, is an audition for marriage. No one who is honest would say that interracial marriages don't pose more problems than same race marriages. It is perfectly reasonable to want to avoid those issues and stay within your race. My advice to this woman is to get some new friends.

Ironically, if a white woman prefers to date black men, she is never called a racist.

#11     May 28, 2011
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Ignore Listed for racism and profound stupidity. Bye.

#12     May 28, 2011
  3. Well, if you are going by the PC criteria; that a racist is someone who believes that race exists.... Sure...If you're going by the common sense deffinitipn; someone who yhinks that different races should be treated difgerently under the law, or somejow have different rights, then no.

#13     May 28, 2011
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I don't have a beef with you, its just an observation that the preponderance of your posts seem to be suggesting disproportionate concern about races other than your own.

The way one notices freethinkers posts mostly being concerned with religious matters and AMT4Whatever being mostly concerned with matters that do not even exist.

#14     May 28, 2011
  5. Certainly. But we all have our themes and causes which we are most concerned about, and that's why we come here, to discuss them.

While it's not my only cause or point of concern, I am particularly concerned with white (western) civilization and issues facing white people today. I also feel an affinity with white people and western culture which I don't feel for other people or cultures, although I don't have any hatred for any group or race.

#15     May 28, 2011
  6. The woman who wrote in for advice seems kind of stupid, at least based on what she wrote in the article. If she does not want to date black men that is perfectly okay, just as it would be if the black man had chosen not to date her. It is not racist to want to date exclusively within one's own race and most everyone understands that. The fact that she would need to write in to an advice columnist regarding a personal choice like that is very, very strange. If I am turned off by fat chicks I do not need an advice columnist telling me if I am right or wrong in my choice. It doesn't matter what my friends are saying about me or the situation...they will not be the ones having to fuck her.

Now if a father disowns his son or daughter just because they choose to date outside their race, then that parent is probably a racist...but even then it is their right to do so. People have a right to be racist, no matter how ignorant I believe that choice to be. Sometimes its the parents racism that gets these kids interested in interracial dating...as they seek to rebel, they seek out the one thing that they know will drive their parents crazy. No one likes having intensely personal choices like who to date and have sex with dictated to them by others. The most important point is that the state does not seek to make the decision regarding interracial dating/marriage for the individual.

In my neighborhood there are almost an equal amount of white men dating black women, as there are black men dating white women...not quite equal, but close. Surprisingly it does not seem like such a big deal. I will bet that many white women and black women in my area would choose to date soley within their race, but they are smart enough to do just that, and do not need justification from others for that decision.

#16     May 28, 2011
  7. Mav88

Mav88

Sexual attraction is one's own personal business, I can't believe there is a public discussion of what the 'proper' policy is.

Liberal NAZI hell, we are here.

#17     May 30, 2011
  8. rew

rew

A vast number of woman won't date a man if he doesn't meet her height requirement. So why is not wanting to date a man because he's black any worse than not wanting to date a man because he's short? Women will say, "I don't get turned on by short men." No doubt true, but what if a woman doesn't get turned on by black men?

#18     May 30, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well obviously she's a bible thumping conservative republican racist.

#19     May 30, 2011
  10. What's outrageous to me is how girls I know (I live in the South, where there are many blacks) feel that they have to make up some story about having dated a black guy, or a black ex that they have to defend themselves against allegations that they are racist, because they just aren't attracted to black guys.

I mean, it's not like these girls are really into black guys, and are very attracted to them, but just fight the urge to be involved with them because they are black, they JUST AREN'T INTO THEM. I just resent that they are attacked because of their personal preferences.

I also wouldn't hold it against any blacks who weren't interested in white people. I wouldn't be offended or think that they are "racist" for preferring blacks either. It's just nature to identify and be more comfortable with members of your own group. There's nothing hateful about it.

#20     May 30, 2011