Washington state voter shenanigans (yes, republicans again)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...tant-voter-suppression-by-democratic-leaders/

“Blatant voter suppression”? Conservative group’s mailer touches off furor in Washington’s 19th District
    Originally published October 19, 2018 at 7:09 pm Updated October 22, 2018 at 11:47 am

The campaign mailers recently sent out in at least two Washington's state legislative districts look like a pitch to Democratic voters to elect a progressive candidate. But they come from a conservative political action committee, and ask voters to write-in alternative candidates in close races that will help determine the margins of power in Olympia.

2. DTB2

DTB2

voter suppression??

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, I'm not sure this is voter suppression. At the worst, it's deceptive campaigning.

gwb-trading likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

I didn't call it such. Author even gave it quotes. I hesitate to say this should be protected speech since it may infringe on people's right to vote though.

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It doesn't infringe on the right to vote. No one is enslaved, no one is forced to vote any particular way. If you keep yourself a low information voter, whose fault is that? It's the same with the whole Russian interference bullshit. So what if Russia had twitter accounts? If people don't research the news they get and have a point of view and choose to remain ignorant, that isn't anyone else's fault. It's about owning your actions.

Arnie and vanzandt like this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

If someone yells fire at a crowded theater and someone dies in the commotion, is it their fault for being low information theater goers and not checking for fire?

I won't even go into the Russia rant. Mueller's numerous indictments and guilty pleas does the talking. Remaining in denial is your prerogative

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Look, I know you have a penchant for hyperbole but take a deep breath and let the emotion go for a second - no one is dying here. It's not even remotely the same type of thing.

And yet Trump remains clean, as many of us have said all along. Too bad the standards of investigation weren't applied equally to both sides.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

The hyperbole illustrates a similar scenario, someone's lie ends up hurting someone's constitutional rights to well being or in this case, casting a legitimate vote. You don't think this shit needs to be nipped in the bud especially coming from political action committees (not some deranged lunatic)? By virtue of being a PAC, it's at arms 'length from the government in power and those being assisted by these "donations"

9. DTB2

DTB2

A lie with 3 weeks before it impacts how someone MAY vote and a lie that requires a split second, life or death decision are equivalent?

You guys are whack jobs.

Arnie, Poindexter and Tsing Tao like this.
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I agree it should be nipped in the bud. I strongly disagree that it is dangerous or impeding on anyone's rights. I'd advise you to focus on upping your voting base's information and knowledge level, but if they did that, they'd switch parties.

#10     Oct 23, 2018
    gwb-trading and Poindexter like this.