Washington Post: While Obama Pushes Tax Cuts, Romney Visits Rich Zip Codes.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jul 9, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Although there are many examples of blatant dishonesty from the media who is now fully in the tank for Obama, this has to be the most dishonest article I have seen so far.

So Obama is actually pushing a Tax increase for the what he claims are millionaires and billionaires (those making over 250k) and the washington post somehow manages to claim that he is cutting taxes, at the same time they try to make it out as though Romney is a bad guy for raising money from rich people.... funny they never seem to complain when its Obama raising money from rich people, or even when its Obama and his celebrity pals holding fundraisers in Paris or switzerland.....

Today, the Washington Post’s @PostPolitics Twitter account posted the following Tweet:

[​IMG]

The Post’s link went to an article by the same title: “As Obama calls for middle-class tax cut extension, Romney raises campaign cash in wealthy enclaves.” This is a news piece, not an opinion piece. As the piece states:

[O]n Monday morning, Obama issued a call for Congress to renew the Bush-era tax cuts for those making less than $250,000 a year, a move that comes as Romney is raising campaign cash in some of the country’s wealthiest Zip codes.

This is the highest form of media bias. Romney has consistently called for tax cuts, including the maintenance of the Bush tax rates – but the Post has never written a piece about Romney’s calls for tax cuts while Obama was busily raising money with his celebrity friends. The Post, of course, is the same publication that ran the Romney high school bullying hit piece; they’ve coordinated regularly with the Obama administration on messaging.

Now they’re attacking Romney based on zip code visits. What of Obama’s visits to Beverly Hills, the 5th wealthiest zip code in the United States? Nothing. How about Obama’s visits to New York, #6 and #7 on the list? Not a word. But Romney visits #20 for a fundraiser, and it’s a story.

One thing is for certain: if the Obama check isn’t in the mail to the Post, it should be.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/07/09/Washington-Post-Romney-Obama-tax-cuts

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It's not referred to as the Washington Compost for nothing.

3. Arnie

Arnie

Its refeshing to see the Post delve into every detail of Romney's campaign and life. You know, just like they did with Obama in 2008. :D

4. The Post is the wost, most dishonest newspaper in the country. Worse than the NY Times even. Their bias is so apparent, it's comical at times.

Recently they had the 75 th or whatever anniversay of Watergate. You would have thought they had discovered the cure for cancer, instead of merely nullifying an election by promoting a lynch mob.

My fondest wish is they go bankrupt. The only thing keeping them afloat now is this crappy Kaplan education subsidiary. It survives on government grants to the students. No conflict there.

5. Ricter

Ricter

Sounds familiar.

6. kut2k2

kut2k2

No, dumbass, Obama is NOT calling for a tax increase; he is calling for a stop of the Bush tax cut for zillionaires while continuing the Bush tax cut for ordinary workers, EXACTLY AS THE POST POINTED OUT. Net effect: a middle-class tax cut compared to the Clinton years.

Geez, you goobers on the right are verrry sloooow.

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The Washington Post and NYT exist nowdays only on the patronage of large liberal institutions and can no longer be considered to be a "for profit" companies. Same for the Los Angeles Times. These companies have figured out that they can operate as liberal mouthpieces and have no need for observe the inconvenient commercial practice of objective journalism. They aren't going to go out of business. The media will be funded by political institutions and become completely partial to political ideals on both sides. Its a cultural war.

8. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, its funny watching hopeless partisans like you shamelessly cheer lead for Obaama......

Riddle me this one smart ass..... If i am a middle class person and i pay the same tax rate next year as i paid this year did i get a tax cut?

If i am a rich person and i have to pay a higher tax rate next year than i did this year did my taxes not get raised? Your argument is insane.....By your logic Obama could raise the top tax rate to 65% and claim it was a tax cut since the income tax rates in the 50's were higher....

9. I have a feeling his answer will go much like it did for Andrea Mitchell.

10. Inevitable lib (or media) response:

But but but...Romney had a swiss bank account...and.. and.. he belongs to a weird religion...and..he's a richy rich rich white guy. so there.

#10     Jul 11, 2012