Washington Mutual going under:

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by capmac, Nov 8, 2007.

1. I believe - technically - FDIC isn't taking anything over. JPM gets deposits and some assets - Fed takes the "bad assets" - JPM writes a check to FDIC for $10B.

So technically, this doesn't even go down as a bank failure.

Technically.

#241     Sep 25, 2008
  2. Why doesn't the FED just starting opening retail branches and be done with. No need to back door retail banking through middle banks BoA or JPM and GS.

#242     Sep 25, 2008
  3. it is for 1 (one) billion ONLY!!

damn.

in my many years. i'm pissed off at wall street and I feel so damn foolish and vulnerable.

kudos FDIC

#243     Sep 25, 2008
  4. Just bought some WM at a buck a share to watch it go down to 38 cents in the last hour of afterhours trading. dammmm

It didn't keep trading until 8pm EST either so I am guessing its all done.

my credit limit on my WM is more than my loss if it opens at zero tomorrow. I think it may be time to run it up and give them the stock in return.....LOL

#244     Sep 25, 2008
  5. cszulc

cszulc

Equity holders are being reported to be wiped out...

WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY BULLSHIT! JPMorgan gets its hands on all assets, branches, deposit bases for a mere reported $1 billion and equity and debtholders GET NOTHING???? This is what CNBC is reporting (Faber).
    I am calling for a huge class action lawsuit against JPMorgan right now.

#245     Sep 25, 2008
  6. ...and in the meantime, the fucking politicians are playing "my dick is bigger then your dick" with the "bail out" plan that had it been completed, might have salvaged something??

And to think I was trying to sell this shit at $4.50-$4.60 range on Friday AM and eTrade was so fucked up they couldn't take the order because their systems said I didn't own the shares and by the time they got their shit together, it was down where I wouldn't have made anything.

This is absolute bull shit.....

#246     Sep 25, 2008
  7. OTS Had Shut Down WaMu Due To Insufficient Liquidity

Sep 25, 2008 21:09:06 (ET)

(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires

September 25, 2008 21:09 ET (01:09 GMT)

#247     Sep 25, 2008