Wasendorf's suicide note to his son

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Jul 17, 2012.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Is it a joke? Suicide was the easy way out for him, much easier than spending the rest of his life in prison and facing people's( family, Iowa community ) reaction to his fraud. The son would have been left with only a bad name, a need to prove his innocence and a slut to nanny...

#21     Jul 18, 2012
  2. Crispy

Crispy

What he thought was his final act,
    Was to burden his son,
    Whatta guy,
    Now I wonder if the son wishes Dad had died...

#22     Jul 18, 2012
  3. jem

jem

If he has money I think you guys could have figured it out. Perhaps his son is complicit and they figured the could insulate some of the money from bankruptcy or other courts by having the money go to the wife first.

Not sure he has money
    Not sure the plan is solid
    Not sure he was doing this.

#23     Jul 18, 2012
  4. Stok

Stok

Isn't this guy still alive in ICU?

#24     Jul 18, 2012
  5. Didn't he run a hose from his tailpipe to his window and try to die of carbon monoxide? But I think he might have done it in the parking lot where someone saw him. Also, his car was a Tesla. Just kidding.

#25     Jul 18, 2012
  6. hughb

hughb

:p

#26     Jul 18, 2012
  7. Its very shady.

He committed suicide in his company's parking lot, why not somewhere more remote, and also very coincidentally his son "found" and stopped it, found the suicide note which attributed the fraud to only ONE person.

There is speculation that Wassendorf Snr is taking all the blame and also offended many people who wanted to take him out and was seeking a chance to seek police protection

#27     Jul 18, 2012
  8. 2sorh

2sorh

This is my understanding of the note:

Fuck you son, you get nothing from me, I gave it to Nancy. We were legally married and you can do nothing about it. Don't even dream of suing her like the son of the Texas oil tycoon suing her mother (what is her name? Anna Smith?).

#28     Jul 18, 2012
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Exactly.

And we're supposed to sympathize? Old Wassendorf was faced with a tough choice. Either close down the firm, or rob his customers of 200 Million (to finance his opulent lifestyle (which makes zero sense....regulations are supposedly "bankrupting" the company, but he spends the stolen loot padding his own bank account???)). Would any of us acted any differently, if we were in his shoes?? LOL

The whole situation is a joke. In-house accountants/CFO's had no idea, NFA sent regulatory filings to an unverified PO Box, US Bank says nothing, and where did PFG get the margin to cover open positions, when >half the balance in cust deposits wasn't even there?

#29     Jul 19, 2012
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Has it dawned on anyone here that the equity-stripping of PFG involved bribery of key persons in other organizations - like US Bank? Like the NFA? like PFG's own accounting staff???? GOSH. That implies a conspiracy!

#30     Jul 19, 2012