Was your prop firm training useful?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by clambill, Oct 10, 2008.

1. I looked for a similar thread and didn't find any.

Anyway, do any of you find your prop firm training very useful? I'm thinking about starting in a prop firm at the end of this month or the beginning of next month.

2. I blew my prop account at one of the *big* firms in Manhattan and now found a smaller prop firm that actually taught me something about trading.

Needless to say, I feel more confident about my future as a daytrader.

My advice: whatever firm you choose, make sure that they are willing to actually help you versus just saying it

Also, try to get a sense of how genuine the trader interviewing is.

I won't disclose the name of the firm I recently joined --- let's just say that it's not one of the bigger firms in Midtown or Wall St

Good Luck Trading

3. Hey, did both firms ask you to pay for training and make a deposit? If you don't want to post it here, you can PM me. Thanks for the reply. :)

4. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

yes. i learned how to play poker amd most importantly.i learned how to play video games on my cell phone.
    lastly,i also learned how to use a credit card check for a margin call.

5. Hood,

Sorry to hear that you've been having trading problems. I also had some serious soul-searching to do the past few months.

But I joined another prop firm and unlike my last firm, I'm getting training and counseling --- and I'm not being given insane 100X times leverage --- the leverage is what really killed me. The training is pretty good also.

Also, I'm not paying desk fees ($400 monthly) and my profit payout is a lot better.

I've always enjoyed your posts - at least the constructive ones. I hope you are able to get yourself back to a point of successful trading.

6. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

they are all constructive in their own way. but the prop firms in NYC are dangerous for most traders. it bothers me to see so many people go down the wrong path and waste valuable time in their lives searching for that "magic discipline" that will free them of big losses.