Was this Fidelity Fund Manager Selling at the BOTTOM!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Nov 21, 2008.

1. AK100

AK100

If you're running a retirement acount why are you interested in the daily moves, as if you're a day trader.........

#31     Nov 22, 2008
  2. cochisso

cochisso

It has been my experience that as long as you get out before 4pm then you get that days closing price on your selected fund.

I have done the following to help growth

Transfer to a cash fund on market tops

Get back into a fund that mimics s&p, nas, or rut after market bottoms.

I have borrowed money to put in a roth account

As you pay back to your account you will earn higher interest. You will have more options on your roth.

#32     Nov 22, 2008
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because the daily moves are so big recently that it greatly effects the annual performance of the retirement account. One can get easily a 4% slippage on both getting in and getting out if one doesn't know how or when the entry/exit is credited, that is already a -8% for the annual return....

There was a 6.32% difference between the closing prices of SPX between Thursday and Friday (for index funds), so yes, I would say one needs to know WHEN his order is executed.

Now of course it can go the right way too, but still, it is better to understand how things work....

#33     Nov 22, 2008

4. I suggest learning how funds operate before posting your banter. It's very conceivable he was selling b/c redemptions were greater than inflows. It's actually rather simple math...

Redemptions > Inflows = Sell to free up $

Assuming your analysis is correct, you were buying when many were selling. Either you were buying into the start of a huge down move and others were smart selling into you; or you were buying the bottom and getting a great price.

#34     Nov 22, 2008
  5. perr

perr

riskfreetrading

You need to close your 401k there forget the match shit.

You open a broker account an IRA account. You tell (f..k fidelity select banking and that guy) you are
    closing your 401k and transferring your account to your new IRA account. NO TAX OR PENALTIES it
    is a rollover into your IRA.

YOU CAN NOW DO ALL THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO, including ETF'S.

The BANKS do all the same bullshit with our saving. Give us all your Money and we'll give you 1 1/2 %
    on your money. We'll just take 1 1/2% out of the Money you just gave us and give it to you at END of
    a YEAR. WE'LL KEEP THE REST AND FUCK AROUND WITH IT. ( sorry for the f word).

ProfitTakgFool
    Ain't this the truth. Guaranteed buy, hold, and lose your ass strategy. The perfect recipe for the government to issue the option of surrendering your 401k into their hands so they can "manage" it for you. When things get bad enough people will beg for this and it is the perfect source for Congress to "borrow" from
    ============================

TOTALLY RIGHT ON, profittakg-NO-fool.

trade well
    perr

#35     Nov 22, 2008
  6. perr

perr

riskfreetrading

You can also SELL OR BUY any time during market hours and NOT ONLY THE CLOSE PRICE.

Be careful of today's very low low stock price's.

They all look real good, BUT THIS IS A COMPANIES LAST WIPEOUT TRICK.

They will ALL SAY, WELL BECAUSE OF MARKET CONDITION WE WILL HAVE TO FILE

CHAPTER 11 and reorganize and start over.

trade well
    perr

#36     Nov 22, 2008
  7. perr

perr

riskfreetrading

I had a 401k one time

They had 12 funds to invest in and all 12 funds MOVE EXACTLY THE SAME WAY UP OR DOWN.
    AND ONE BOND FUND.

Why do all Funds have the same rule's, because this has been told to them these are the RULES.

THIS IS HOW WE ARE GOING TO FUCK ALL THE 401k'ers. end of story. Today is the beginning
    of it. Can you SEE IT, ITS BEING DONE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYE'S DAY AFTER DAY.

Look around at all the BIG NAMES, SOLID COMPANIES ALL GOING DOWN.

BANKS ARE ALL IN ON IT.

THEY ARE ALL TAKING OUR LOANED MONEY and BUYING ALL THESE COMPANY FOR
    SHIT PRICES.

There's a reason for not lending out the money. They want US ALL TO DIG IN OUR POCKETS AND
    SPEND MORE OF OUR OWN MONEY.

And all the DEM'S and REPUBLICANS are just looking the way CONGRESS TO, and
    staying quiet about it. Can you feel how quiet it is when you look in there direction.
    It's like looking in a empty room.

trade well
    perr

#37     Nov 22, 2008
  8. This fidelity manager is clearly an idiot.

He lagged Friday by 3 something percent. Today (Tuesday) he lagged by 3.3%.

If I simply had the possibility to buy XLF, I would have made 28.6% (not counting that fact that I could have entered at a lower price on Friday. With mutual funds I had to do it on Thursday's close).

With this idiot I am making only 22%, and they have even threatened me with suspension from the funds as they flagged me a market timer (85 days suspension from the fund managed by an idiot).

#38     Nov 25, 2008
  9. Ok RFT, watch me get pummeled here for a quote, but what I write is the truth and comes into mind. Those on the left will blame me for quoting Him and those on the right will say I take Him out of context and blame me for using the quote. Please read and understand what I am really saying...

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

Ultimately, the fund manager DOESN'T CARE - it is NOT his money. The only person you can trust with your savings...is YOU! The concept is thousands of years old.

-gastropod

#39     Nov 25, 2008