Was this Fidelity Fund Manager Selling at the BOTTOM!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Yeah I was being sarcastic!

Who knows what goes on in the minds of these ivy league fund managers?:confused:

#11     Nov 21, 2008
  2. It's like I said, the 401k is a huge bunch of rotting BS.

Why can't you (anyone) lose money as well as that asshole? - you'd at least save on transaction costs.

After losing my life's savings in the 401k BS 10 years ago along with everyone else that was "vested"- I decided I could lose money as well or worse without the help of "professionals" - and I was wrong...........I lost a whole lot less on my own and believe the overwhelming vast majority can do the same.

Pull out your loot, pay the huge penalties, and end up saving money in the process.

Go figure.

Steve

#12     Nov 21, 2008
  3. do they have minds? :eek:

After proving that this idiot was selling at the bottom today, I think he is clueless.

regards

#13     Nov 21, 2008
  4. Steve,

A point in your post is actually a main reason why I decided to learn it myself. I thought that if I have, say a 2M account at retirement, I would be saving 5% (or 100K) of management fees if I were to do it myself (in addition of course of making more in comparison because it is my money and no one would really take care of it better then myself).

That is why I think every educated person should learn investing as it is a 100K (non-taxable) job at retirement!

#14     Nov 21, 2008
  5. Bob111

Bob111

typically there is disclaimer about index\fund performance..if don't like it- then don't buy it .
    how do you know,if he selling?how do you know that this is the bottom? maybe his holdings just sucks and didn't move today. it is your job to figure this out.
    if don't like it- then don't buy it .
    disclaimer-i don't have 401K. fuck them all. i can manage my money better than 99% of the wall street "pros"

#15     Nov 21, 2008
  6. But if the Dow goes to 5000 you better buy your fund manager a drink!

#16     Nov 21, 2008
  7. because he lagged the index by 3%, and there is no other close price between one day (yesteday) and the next day (today).
    Therefore, he sold today (unless he paid himself 3% today).

how do you know that this is the bottom?
    [/QUOTE]

You do not know yet who is RFT? His job is to time the market tops and bottoms, and you do not know yet his record!

In everything you need to know what your opponent is doing. If it happened to you to have missed a top or bottom, check me out, I was your opponent! :p

Check my two threads while they are still on the first trading page:

I announced the bottom yesterday!

And made a call at 2:37PM before piloting the takeoff of the shuttle.

:p

#17     Nov 21, 2008
  8. LOL!

PS: They get the reward without the risk.

#18     Nov 21, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

Maybe there was a distribution today?

#19     Nov 21, 2008
  10. Bob111

Bob111

mmmm...ok....

#20     Nov 21, 2008