Was there really any doubt why Bush invaded Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Do you remember what Bush called it when they invaded? It was called Operation Iraqi Freedom....but the original name was going to be called Operation Iraqi Liberation or O.I.L for short.

2. I thought God told him to do it.

3. OK, I know I am wasting my time asking an intelligent question when all you libs are still befuddled by Bush Derangement Syndrome, but I'll give you a chance.

If Bush was after the Iraq oil, why didn't we seize their oil fields? You may recall that I posed the same question at the time, but in the context that our strategy was dumb. Our only vital interest in Iraq lay in preventing the use of oil revenues to develop WMDs or fund terrorism, and simply taking control of the oil fields would have been far easier than the hideous and ultimately futile nation-building exercise we ended up taking on.

In addition, if Iraqi oil was our objective, why did we let them be part of OPEC? Wouldn't it have been smarter to use the threat of Iraqi oil to threaten the Saudis and Iranians?

Finally, if this was our plan, why are US companies getting shut out of the lucrative oil field development contracts now being awarded? Did we invade Iraq so that China and France could get the lion's share of the work?

4. Tresor

Tresor

Haliburton earned....

The plan was good, but didn't work as always http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/KL16Ak02.html