Was the Fed Cut Really Such a Good Thing?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MKTrader, Oct 1, 2007.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

And when the dollar finally drops so low that no one wants or trusts U.S. stocks or bonds any longer, and oil is over $100/barrell and food prices skyrocket more (while "Core" inflation remains manipulated....er, "tame"), what do you do?

Think just a little more about the long-term and unintended consequences...

#11     Oct 1, 2007
  2. Please stop quoting Stock_Turder.

Those of us who have that dabbling idiot on ignore find ET a much much better place without having to read his drivel.

Thank you.

#12     Oct 1, 2007
  3. Who cares just buy buy buy, take out cash advance on credit cards @ 15% you can make that back this week.

MARKETS TO THE MOON FREE MONEY EVERYWERE.

#13     Oct 1, 2007
  4. I'm up about 10-12x the rate of inflation this year percentage wise for my entire account.

Rising oril has had no affect on heating and gas prices this year.

The markets like rising oil.

Food prices always go up due to demand and and rise in wheat, but not a big deal.

#14     Oct 1, 2007
  5. Bowgett

Bowgett

I am thinking Bernanke is scratching his head today and thinking: "Why did I cut the rates again?".

Wall Street tricked poor Ben. So sad. He needs a little bit more experience.

#15     Oct 1, 2007
  6. wow, the media is starting to come around. it's surprising to see that story

it's about time people start sticking up for the dollar, taxpayers, people who don't gorge on leverage, etc

#16     Oct 1, 2007
  7. Agree. Please stop quoting him.

#17     Oct 1, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Bernanke was just saving the dow from going under 13k, now its above 14k and your right he is scratching his head thinking why did I knock rates down 50 bp just to stir up more liquidtity, liquidity that will cause even more asset bubbles. No need for any more rate cuts, another rate cut would be foolish.

#18     Oct 1, 2007
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Current sentiment:

Bad subprime/credit news

"Good! Already priced in the market! Maybe more rate cuts!"
    (At this point it doesn't matter if the 5 biggest banks go down...the sheeptraders actually think this)

Bad economic news

"A rate cut! Maybe 75 bps next time!"

Good economic news

"No recession!" (Let's not bring up interest rates here...)

Terrorist/nuclear threats/massive attacks by space aliens

""Good! Already priced in the market! Maybe more rate cuts!"

But this won't last forever...

#19     Oct 1, 2007
  10. This is the reason for the rate cut, no big bonus for these clowns with these returns.

Fed is helping the big brokers and wall street investment banks, not the guy on the street working his ass off to make ends meet hahaha thats not what central bankers do, they help their own.

Just think is the CEO had to step down and fly in a Lear60 instead of of G550.

#20     Oct 1, 2007