was that Paulson that strengthened the dollar and killed bonds today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scriabinop23, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Looking at the spot/forwards in USDCHF, I see nothing that says bullishness, todays squirt was more than likely stops being hit. But dont let me stop you from buying.

#11     Dec 8, 2006
  2. Dollar/Yen

#12     Dec 8, 2006
  3. Maria did it again.

#13     Dec 8, 2006
  4. bighog

bighog Guest

Here is what i will do with the dollar.

Since it is holiday season, i plan on spending dollars.

Thats what the rest of the year is for...........:)

#14     Dec 8, 2006
  5. short the usd, long tangible goods.

interesting approach.

:)

#15     Dec 8, 2006
  6. (from tradethenews)

UPDATE: US DOLLAR RISES SHARPLY AGAINST MAJOR WORLD CURRENCIES FOLLOWING COMMENTS BY TREASURY SECRETARY PAULSON THAT A STRONG DOLLAR IS IN THE NATION'S BEST INTEREST, RISING U.S. YIELDS (WIDENING YIELD DIFFERENTIALS) AND CHATTER THAT THE ECB CHECKED RATES
    -- Dollar firms as rumors of Central Bank rate check spooks market in covering US Dollar shorts ahead of weekend.....A well timed market rumor that the ECB called various dealing desks inquiring about the current level of the EUR/USD send the Dollar surging ahead of the London close Friday. Central Bank tend to use varying degrees of intervention to smooth the medium term price action of a currency. The break above 1.3360 earlier today send just a rumor swirling around the market. The Dollar accelerated its gains when US Tsy Sec Paulson stated that the US believes in a strong Dollar as it is in the US's interest....the combination of Paulson's remark on CNBC and the well-timed rumor of Central Banks checking currency levels were enough to send traders squaring their positions ahead of the European closing moments.

#16     Dec 8, 2006