Was Imus a conservative or just an asshole

Discussion in 'Politics' started by andrasnm, Apr 21, 2007.

Is (was?) Imus a conservative?

1. Yes he is up there with the best (worst) of them

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Nah, he was just an A-hole.

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. I find liberals' attack on the alternative media, eg Limbaugh, Fox News, sadly typical of their approach. Rather than engage in honest debate, they try to muzzle anyone who disagrees, whether it is through the dictates of political correctness, speech codes, hate speech laws , fairness doctrine or pressuring democrat officeholders to cut off Fox News.

I would think that any person who cares about the country more than partisan advantage would see that we are served by having a wide ranging, open and spirited political debate. That is why the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law is almost as objectionable as a revival of the so-called Fairness Doctrine. Our freedom is best preserved by keeping government as far removed from journalism and media as possible. It is bad enough that the FCC pursues a racially biased policy on station licenses and transfers. It is intolerable that we have a govenment funded left wing network, PBS, or that talk radio would actually be under threat.

Republicans failed misreably in reforming any of this in their 12 years in control of the congress. In fact, they made things worse.

#31     Apr 26, 2007

2. Your republicans failed in a lot more than that. You forgot 9/11, war on terror, Iraq, Afghanistan , moral leadership, government spending, enviroment and, everyone in the presidents adminstration including the president are just one brave democrat away from having felony charges brought against them...the country is still waiting for that one brave democrat... too bad the only democrats with balls are women and even they aren't brave enough to stand up and bring the president down.

It is wise to vote out the ruling party. Repubs are ruling and they are fucking it up so put the dems in. Then when they fuck it up vote them out and put the repubes back in. Right now I hate the republicans / christian fanatics / chicken hawks / etc. As much as I hated Clinton it'd be nice to have the nations problems back on something a little lighter and sexier like a blow job. Speaking of I haven't had one in a long time. Thats probably why I'm so uptight, damn right wing wife of mine.

#32     Apr 26, 2007
  3. Sam321

Sam321

I voted for him twice as well, but I’m not ashamed. I don’t buy the propaganda, even when journalists are very convincing because, since Bush doesn’t articulate well and doesn’t defend himself well, journalists have been getting away with the same propaganda for so long they believe in their own lies.

I think this is the main issue with Bush and it’s very frustrating. If Reagan made exactly the same decisions as Bush --Iraq and all-- you wouldn’t have the same feelings because Reagan would have the propagandists in a lasso long before they could get out of the corral and influence the minds of the People and State as a means to steer national policy.

Not happy with his immigration stance, and I think he should have tried harder to keep the PC people from running the military and picking the generals. At the same time, Bush is using the power of his office to protect America and its interests. Very effective and legal. The People gave him a second term to do exactly that.

#33     Apr 26, 2007
  4. Sam you talk a lot about how you approve of Bush but don't give one example of his competence. Your only proof of his competence is the liberal media is tricking America. Poor argument Sam.

#34     Apr 26, 2007
  5. Sam321

Sam321

I never said the media tricks are a sign of his competence. Rather, it’s a sign of his weakness in taking control of public discourse in a way that wins public confidence and stifles the prejudicial media. However, he has proven his competence in deeds, not words: by using the power granted by his Office to protect America and it’s interests, despite all the media lies about him going beyond his powers, and the wholesale short-selling of the Iraq campaign.

Bush is owning the Iraq situation when everyone else is running for cover. Sounds like leadership to me. Doesn’t sound incompetent to me. Kerry, Gore, Barak (“Berry”) Hussein Obama, and Hilary are willing to sell the country out by risking it’s global credibility by letting the Iraqis hang out to dry just to wipe their hands clean and not inherit such a challenge if they win office. What cowards.

There are a lot of enemies and cowards in the institutions between Bush and the American People, not just Democrats. If you want to talk about incompetence, let’s talk about the pussies that blow with the wind of polls and newspapers to cover their own asses. Bush seems to be the only one not doing it because he’s taking on the leadership. That’s a sign of competence to me.

As I suggested, if only Bush articulated his decisions like Reagan, scared sheep like you would calm down, look down, and chew your grass.

#35     Apr 27, 2007
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Imus was both an asshole and a conservative, and I actually wached is show, because it was different, than the other morning BS news.

His unconditional support of Lieberman gave him away....

#36     Apr 27, 2007
  7. Poor sam, very weak. No proof except his standing by his fuck up is proof of his competence. Your main argument is name calling, shame on you Sam. Democrats are enimies and cowards? Are the republicians who are against Bush also enimies and cowards, are they Sam? And you end your argument by calling me a scared sheep, again weak. My guess is your in your early 20's, so it's ok to be gung ho with the blinders on we've all been there.
    One scared sheep signing out. Baaa Baaa Sam :cool:

#37     Apr 27, 2007