Was Imus a conservative or just an asshole

Discussion in 'Politics' started by andrasnm, Apr 21, 2007.

Is (was?) Imus a conservative?

1. Yes he is up there with the best (worst) of them

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Nah, he was just an A-hole.

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. Ditto heads as a group are funny and have a lower than average IQ. Considering the average guy is usually a dumb ass this puts ditto head right below dumb ass on the IQ list. But to give them credit they are likely to be trailer park tough and more likely to whup my ass (not to mention; tire iron, knife and pistol attacks). So I wouldnt' say this to a ditto heads face, out of politeness and personal safety.

#22     Apr 24, 2007
  2. So you're saying ditto heads are not in the same intellectual class with the Sharpton and Rosie audiences? I agree.

#23     Apr 24, 2007
  3. Your right ditto boys are a shade under Rev. Al & Rosie IQ wise. Just kidding, dittos are close to the same dumb as Rosie and Al. Peace to you sheeps.

#24     Apr 24, 2007
  4. Well that's a big no fuxxing shit.

The crack about his audience being informed is hilarious. Good one.

#25     Apr 24, 2007
  5. What were we talking about?

#26     Apr 24, 2007
  6. Sam321

Sam321

Talk radio isn’t for everyone, but you have to admit that the free market made Limbaugh. So perhaps what offends you makes other people laugh. Talk radio simply offers diversity in media. To quash that diversity based on disagreeable formats and styles is ridiculous. Also, talk radio spends a lot of its time challenging traditional media, which has it’s own list of hypocrisies.

You might like NPR because everyone sounds gentle and nice. But throughout its gentle style and softness, it passively-aggressively perpetuates propaganda that is far from fair and balanced and hardly diverse at all. They get away with things because they sound gentle and “informed,” and have guests with “opposing views” when in fact they share variations of similar views, in line with the handful of pet issues NPR harps on, on a daily basis. Their hosts will say things that are controversial to me, but act as though there is no controversy at all. For example: “Iraq is an un-winnable situation. How soon do you think we should pull out of Iraq?” One guest will suggest three months, while the other “disagrees” and suggests six months. But they will seldom, if at all, have a guest that says Iraq is winnable.

#27     Apr 25, 2007
  7. TGregg

TGregg

In a way, liberals made Limbaugh. Made him rich beyond belief, anyway. As his radio show spread, it was the only way to get news and information without a liberal slant on a daily basis. Sure, there were a couple monthly rags like Reason, but nothing at all daily. Liberals had their choice of which newspaper to get on their steps in the morning and which network news show to watch in the evening. There was no internet, no Fox News, nothing. There was nothing that wasn't liberal flavored.

So when Limbaugh hit the market, he cleaned up. He had a monopoly on non-liberal news and issues.

This is one big reason Air America is a stinkin flop. There's already a massive supply of liberal news & opinion. To be a success in that field one needs to take dollars from somebody else (AKA compete).

But the really funny thing is, if the MSM was fair and balanced, Limbaugh wouldn't be rich beyond the dreams of avarice. The left set the stage for Limbaugh to rake in the bucks.

#28     Apr 25, 2007
  8. Sam321

Sam321

Bush is not a total screw up. You need to take a break from watching the propaganda media, which says Bush sucks 10 times a day. Bush doesn’t articulate very well. He doesn’t even try to defend himself. That causes the public to lose confidence in any leader who lacks these qualities.

You are playing 20/20 hindsight with your investment analogy by letting the future dictate your past decisions. And you’re mangling the definition of Conservative vs. Liberal. In fact, I disagree with it. Liberals seem to be the ones protecting their “long term investments,” not Conservatives. They will always vote for any shade of liberalism to maintain power.

Conservatives, on the other hand, will pout, stay home, and not vote –or vote for 3rd party candidates who never win— when the Republican Party fails to produce someone conservative enough, or if the Party becomes less conservative. That’s what happened in 2006. But it’s the Conservatives fault for letting the Republican Party drift away. That’s more like squandering their “investment,” to me. This is a 2-party system and when Conservatives decide to not be part of it, liberals win.

#29     Apr 25, 2007
  9. OK, Bush isn't a total screw up. What percentage of screw up would you rate him at? I think a conservative estimate would be 70 to 80% screw up, which in my book is close enough to call him a total screw up. But I am interested to see how you rate Bush.
    Of course I was playing 20/20 hindsight that is what this discussion is about. I really think you know Bush is a failure as our president and that is why he is so hard to defend and your argument is weak. I was one of the fools who voted for him, I'm real embarrassed to say twice, more if you count voting for Texas governor. Falling for the lies of Bush & co. did teach me a lesson though.

#30     Apr 25, 2007