Was Imus a conservative or just an asshole

Discussion in 'Politics' started by andrasnm, Apr 21, 2007.

Is (was?) Imus a conservative?

1. Yes he is up there with the best (worst) of them

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Nah, he was just an A-hole.

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. I was listening to Rush this morning, you know I love the oxy freak so much and they cannot shut up about this Imus "controversy".
    INterestingly the LA times called Imus a con and then the media blah blah some other talking head organ of the media renounced it by calling him a non-con). In the New York times he was compared to all the other con talking heads the Rush the Bill O'Riley and other vermin.
    And lo and behold the guy had no share or rating, after all the hoopla a mere 1.5 million people actually listen to this windbag which translates to no shares, no rating, NADA in terms of a syndicated guy who is also on the cable tele. So he should have been fired about 10-15 years ago just for being irrelevant and hard to understand.
    A side note - how can a guy stay on the air who has a speech impediment and cannot frigging talk?

...also if you have any doubts of the truth in my post, just ask Howard Stern, he just loves Imus....

2. Imus was far from a conservative, He voted for John Kerry in the last election.

3. pattersb

pattersb Guest

I looooooooove that, "the LA Times called him a con"....... a paper not worthy for use of wiping ones ass, apparently. Imus regularly refered to members of the Bush administration as war criminals.

Imus was (and I guess still is, he didn't die after-all) a card-carrying Repulican, and like all sane people was vehemently against the war. His politics definitely tilted to the right, (again like all sane people) and probably does more-so today than last week. The idiot left crucified him after-all.

And this is what this fucking-goddamn world has become (OFFENSE INTENDED).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18110453/site/newsweek/

In fact, unknown to Imus, one of his most loyal listeners in Washington, D.C., was watching, and taping, the show every day for just that reason: to make a record of everything Imus said. But 26-year-old Ryan Chiachiere wasn't a fan, and he wasn't tuning in to be entertained. Chiachiere is one of a handful of young activists who spend their days wading through hours of radio and cable shows for Media Matters for America, a liberal group whose sole purpose is rooting out and "correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media." Wired on coffee, Chiachiere was watching a recording of Imus's show when he noticed the "hos" remark.

4. pattersb

pattersb Guest

Speaking of this goddamn world. How do you on the idiot-left respond to the fact that a school now allows those with VAGINAS to run as prom KING: ?

And you fucking idiots blame people's confusion on religion. Fucking idiots.
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070421/D8OKLKP01.html

Funniest thing I've read in a looooooooong time. "But I'm Here to Console You, and if I pick up some headlines, well I can't help that" ...

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...1,0,3464673,print.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

Rutgers team skips Clinton meeting

BY GLENN THRUSH
    glenn.thrush@newsday.com

April 20, 2007, 9:07 PM EDT

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton finally dropped by Rutgers to meet with the school's women's basketball coach -- but the players themselves skipped the half-hour meeting, citing their studies and Imus fatigue.

Clinton had been scheduled to meet with Scarlet Knight coach C. Vivian Stringer and an assistant, and possibly some of the players, Monday to talk with them about Don Imus's "nappy-headed ho" comments.

But that sit-down was postponed due to weather and because the story seemed far less significant after the Virginia Tech killings.

"Many of the players were in study hall from eight to noon and some had finals," explained a Rutgers source who said the players were "tired" of all the attention. "These young women need to do their classes, and wrap their spring semester."

After meeting with Stringer Friday morning, Clinton addressed about 700 students and faculty on campus later in the day, praising the players and naming them one-by-one while criticizing "bigotry" against women. She never named Imus directly and made a point of saying her criticism wasn't intended to curtail free speech.

She urged the crowd to take a "Rutgers pledge," to say, "Enough is enough, when women or minorities or the powerless are marginalized or degraded."

Later, the former first lady traveled to Manhattan to address Rev. Al Sharpton's National Action Network Convention, where she ravaged President George W. Bush, particularly over Iraq.

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.)is scheduled to appear before the group Saturday. Both have courted the controversial preacher who led the effort to oust Imus.

5. In hindsight any vote not for GW Bush was a conservative vote.

6. Sam321

Sam321

In hindsight, Conservatives would still choose Bush over Kerry.

7. Sam321

Sam321

Are you suggesting that conservatives are assholes? Just because Limbaugh introduced a profitable media style doesn’t mean you have to be a conservative to take advantage of it. Imus was picked up by the Leftist PC pussy media establishment as a pathetic means to compete with talk radio. As long as he voted for Kerry, they were willing to pick him up.

8. Neo con - yes, christian fundamentalist - yes, kool aid drinkers - yes, sheeps - yes, conservative - no

9. Where in my post do I say that *all* cons are assholes? I do not label people en masse like that. Rush is one big A-hole, however and BushCo all the same. Some are ok as some democrats are OK too.

10. Sam321

Sam321

The “neocon” and the “Christian Fundamentalist” are media mirages perpetuated by Jew-hating leftists and babyboomer journalists who feel they were mentally abused by their tough-love evangelical parents. Most people drink kool-aid and most people are sheep.

I fail to see how this explains why conservatives would ever vote for Kerry in any circumstance. Are you trying to say that in hindsight conservatives would stay home and not vote?

#10     Apr 23, 2007