Was anyone here trading in the late 90s?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NewYearTrader, Mar 9, 2010.

1. emg

emg

datex here

#51     Mar 11, 2010
  2. You need to enter it on a web page form, and then wait for confirmation of the trade a few minutes later on.

#52     Mar 11, 2010
  3. I remember I used InvestIn.com for a while, even visited their London offices once. Where there were 2 traders reading the newspaper and 8 empty chairs. Lol
    Don't bother to check their website, it's something else now. Remembered that their platform was pretty good.

#53     Mar 11, 2010
  4. the easiest money EVER was 1999-2000, at the height of the dotcom, when etrade was letting the public in on IPO's. you had to sign up and if you were lucky you got 100 shares at the IPO price! i opened several accounts so that i could maximize my chances, and i did get quite a few allotments.

i didn't read the company's IPO docs nor did i care what the company did. if it was a tech stock, i wanted in. and the stock would often (not always) skyrocket after IPO. it was like printing money. unfortunately, 100 shares doesn't net that much.

#54     Mar 11, 2010
  5. Who had gotten the IPO on Netscape? Or The Globe.com?

Those were tickets for printing money.

Remember some of the ridiculous TV commercials during dotcom days?

A personal helicopter landing in your front yard to pick you up?

A truck driver (driving a tow truck because he just likes to help people) owning an island?

#55     Mar 11, 2010