Was anyone here trading in the late 90s?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NewYearTrader, Mar 9, 2010.

1. tman

tman

Traded options thru Brown & Co. George Brown used to sign my checks. Good times.

#31     Mar 9, 2010
  2. Moreagr

Moreagr

my first trade...called a broker to buy 200 shares of stock cost me $79.95 :confused: during 1996

#32     Mar 10, 2010
  3. Cybertrader, Real Tick charts, Instinet green box terminal (shared with another trader).

Remember having to manually input all your Instinet orders and then staying after work to sort them out into the proper accounts?

:)

#33     Mar 10, 2010
  4. I found that my income does not directly increase with experience in the markets, but directly with the volatility of the markets. I did well in 2007, then exceptionally well in 2008. 2009 good but not as good. This year it dried up. I could not adapt fast enough.

Experience in the markets does help me in that I don't die from big losses.

#34     Mar 10, 2010
  5. Same here, traded at the main branch in Montvale NJ. Did you take the boot camp classes with Jay and Manny?

#35     Mar 10, 2010
  6. BigSalad

BigSalad

Traded with Realtick. Those were the days when you could make 3/16 in twenty seconds.

#36     Mar 10, 2010
  7. McCloud

McCloud

MB Trader, Datek, IB and Trade Station for charting....

#37     Mar 10, 2010
  8. kandlekid

kandlekid

Waterhouse Securities PAW (Personal Access for Windows), which I helped develop. Waterhouse then became TD Waterhouse, which became TD Ameritrade. PAW had long ago been abandoned for web based trading.

#38     Mar 10, 2010
  9. Just curious to know, what % of Americans invest via stock markets?

#39     Mar 10, 2010
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I was in the office in Detroit suburbs. We had some guys from NJ come to the office a few times for some training and some traders went to headquarters for the longer term boot camp.

I told them if they mandated the training I was trading elsewhere as I'd traded part time prior to leaving my job the previous year. So they gave me a pass and I started trading 200 share lots for a couple bucks. Left them (All-Tech) sometime around 2000 I think. The office was fun but after I went remote I found a lot more benefits to being at home. I did miss seeing guys either ranting over losing trades or acting like they'd won the lottery when they had a really profitable trade.

#40     Mar 10, 2010