Was Andover bought out last week?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Speedracer, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do you know for a fact that he doesn't? He seems to think to know me, and read his statement, something someone from Andover would say.

#61     Dec 5, 2002
  2. I think it's incredible the way Andover threads have burst onto the scene in the last few weeks ....and all the posterd registered in Oct and November...I think Andover is ok but these guys should just buy an ad and get it over with

#62     Dec 5, 2002
  3. Actually the rumor does have merit. Many senior member of the industry have confirmed it, and the fact that Andover won't comment is another indication. Why would they try to advertise by spreading a takeover rumor that promises a potential disaster for the traders that go there during the merger period.

#63     Dec 5, 2002
  4. There is no such thing as BAD publicity if you are trying to get your product and name in the news again.....By te way, this is the worst kept secret I've heard in my life....Some guy in NY was offering trading deals on this board...i called him and he was from ANDOVER and HE told ME about this HUGE unannounced merger that was coming soon.........amateurs. I could have been a regulator for all they know!! Illegal advertising, talking about takeovers to induce traders to come on board..Blah Blah Blah.

NOTE TO ANDOVER MGMNT: I would reel these guys in quickly...You have a good product and a fine company but these guys will give you a bad name

#64     Dec 5, 2002
  5. Bullet

Bullet

I DO NOT trade with Andover currently. My ONLY goal on this board was to gain an understanding of the company and whether or not current traders are happy there. I have been told by an official at another company that there is in fact a merger with sungard, however when I contacted Andover they say there is nothing in the works.

Again, all I am interested in is hearing opinions from current traders there, and I have already recieved some good info.
    I currently trade at another firm and am interested in switching b/c I am fed up with some of managments dicisions .

#65     Dec 5, 2002
  6. Bullet,

I think you worked for andover too. YOU must pay the price for covert advertising.

#66     Dec 5, 2002
  7. traderxp

traderxp

FYI, I used to have a group at Andover. Like the rest of nasdaq, it failed after the good times. now, i don't directly work for andover, but i have many affiliations.

I'm not here to be liked. I'm here to let people know the real deal.

Do I like Andover, sure. Do I also have affiliations with tradescape, ETG, and others as well. sure. I like those that make me money.

However, if you look at the people who started this thread, they are not andover supporters. It's pretty ignorant and naive to think that andover traders started up the rumor thread.

#67     Dec 5, 2002
  8. All comments are speculation/rumors no facts and lots of mudslinging.

when /if Andover make an announcement I'll comment on it. Than we have facts.

#68     Dec 5, 2002
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

This thread has been closed. If/When Andover makes an announcement please start a new thread. Thank you.

#69     Dec 5, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.